Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Massage with textured implants? 2 weeks post op

3 posters

Go down

Massage with textured implants? 2 weeks post op Empty Massage with textured implants? 2 weeks post op

Post by jabberwocky 29th May 2015, 7:51 pm

At my appointment on Wednesday (12 days post op), my surgeon briefly showed me how to massage my implants daily.

He mentioned not pushing down until the incisions  have healed more.

Anyway I couldn't remember exactly how he showed me, so I went a-Googling, and it seems it's not recommended for textured implants...  Now obviously I'm taking his advice over google's, but I wanted to do a quick straw poll to see how many of you textured ladies were told to massage, and if there's a particular method or technique you wouldn't mind sharing.

Thank you Give You
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

Massage with textured implants? 2 weeks post op Empty Re: Massage with textured implants? 2 weeks post op

Post by Charlii 29th May 2015, 9:16 pm

Now I'm not going to argue with Cookies favourite surgeon, but general advice is not to massage textured implants. They need to adhere to the pocket, and the need to be stable to do this. But if that's what *youve* been advised then that's fine for *you*.

Have you been told when you can bath/swim? I'd maybe take that as when you can massage, 6-12wks. I think it's just a flat palm rolling method. Or I think Cookie said once just lie on your front and roll side to side!!
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Massage with textured implants? 2 weeks post op Empty Re: Massage with textured implants? 2 weeks post op

Post by mirren001 30th May 2015, 8:33 am

Did he say the reason for massaging them daily? As being textured & anatomical would have thought this wouldn't be advisable, but surgeon knows best & aftercare is tailored to the individual. If possible I would go back to see him again to go over the massage technique he wants you to use as you want to be doing it right & following instructions to a T.
Let us know how you get on.
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 30th May 2015, 6:11 pm

He didn't give a reason, no, but he did tell me to support the scar and move them up, side to side and later, once hte scar is healed, push down on them.

I might ring up and ask again.

I haven't been advised either way on bathing / swimming, but he told me from op-day that I could shower (although I only had the one as I couldn't lift my arm, and also didn't want water seeping under the bandage etc).  

I've been having a bath pretty much every night since the tape came off on Weds, but the wounds are closed (no scabs, even!), and I make sure to dry my under-boob thoroughly, so I didn't see an issue with it.  shrug

Can't help feeling these knockers should have come with an instruction booklet  Hysterical
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 30th May 2015, 9:09 pm

Those wounds are not closed. They may look it, but it takes longer than 2wks. Please tell me you're not submerging your boobs in the bath? Normally it's 6-12 wks before you can soak and submerge because it takes that long for the wound to fully heal. It can superficially look fine, but it can still be porous, or have a microscopic hole. If you're soaking it, water is a breeding ground for bacteria. That's why showing is fine, soap over the tops and let the water run over them, then blow dry on cold til bone dry. That doesn't necessarily work if they've been soaked, as the water can seep in. I'm not trying to scare you here, just advise.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 31st May 2015, 6:12 pm

Yes I was just having a normal bath, boobs submerged!  I won't any more though. Duly noted, thank you!

I'm definitely ringing the hospital tomorrow for some advice. ..
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down