Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Large dogs

+2
Littleannie
Monday121
6 posters

Go down

Large dogs Empty Large dogs

Post by Monday121 23rd May 2015, 4:50 pm

Hi, 
I have a gigantic puppy. He's only 11 months so can be a bit excitable on walks. My problem is he weighs 11 stones. I have a collar to prevent pulling but he sometimes wants to run off with other dogs (he would squash them), so jerks towards them. 
I'm the main dog walker as my husband is sometimes away with work during the week. 
Any ideas how soon I'll be able to walk my dog without causing problems? Xx
Monday121
Monday121
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Large dogs Empty Re: Large dogs

Post by Littleannie 23rd May 2015, 5:29 pm

I am just over 2 weeks post op and I have only just started walking my dogs and she is tiny compared to yours but pulls. Lots of playing in garden is what I have had to do xx
Littleannie
Littleannie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 23rd May 2015, 6:37 pm

11 stone puppy?! What is he??!!

Our boy is a bit bigger than a German Shepard and my partner has a bad shoulder injury too at the moment so the poor dog hasn't been walked for week now. He is not human friendly so we can't get anyone else to take him out either but we have a huge garden so have been playing lots of games, I also filled his paddling pool up which he loves to dig in. He has been having lots of frozen meat treats which take him ages to get through as well as a kong that I filled with raw and froze.

He has a huge bone that is bigger than my arm he is working through and I've been doing some training work too - so basically trying to tire him mentally and physically without taking him out.

The ideal would be to hire a dog walker if he is good with people. Knowing the strength I need with mine if he decides to lunge away (he walks perfectly to heel most the time but can catch you unawares) I wouldn't want to be on the end of a lead with 11 stone of puppy pulling, you would end up back in hospital.
It's not ideal but it will only be for a short time. He is loving the extra sofa time at home and the tickles, maybe if you can get someone for a couple of times a week as a compromise to take him out?
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 23rd May 2015, 8:07 pm

Definately not within 6 weeks I'd say or you'd negate your aftercare. A sudden jerky by an 11 stone dog could tear your stitches from the inside Out
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Monday121 23rd May 2015, 8:55 pm

He's a St Bernard, so massive.
I didn't realise it would be as long as 6 weeks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the tearing stitches thing sounds alarming! 
Thanks for the tips [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] he's got a kong and I think the frozen stuff idea is fab. I just hope the weather stays dry. You can imagine the mess he makes when he comes in after being in a wet garden x
Monday121
Monday121
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 24th May 2015, 7:21 am

Since your dog is so big and still a puppy so perhaps a little jumpy and pulling I would follow the same rules from your surgeon that apply to exercise....usually 6 weeks. Your incisions will be healing internally for many weeks beyond when the outer layer if skin has healed. Plus I imagine he uses a fair bit of upper body strength which you just won't have. Can you hire a walker?
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 24th May 2015, 1:37 pm

Echo mammamia, not until you have the all clear for exercise, and even then, just because you're allowed to, doesn't mean you'll physically be able to. Take it slow, and where you can, get someone else to take him.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Monday121 24th May 2015, 3:27 pm

Ok thanks for the advice. I'll get my eldest son to hold him and I'll just walk along for the exercise x
Monday121
Monday121
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down