Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May Buddies

+12
SoHereIAm
jabberwocky
drinkeroftea
EmzH
Littleannie
Skates
going4it
ashleejay
Monday121
_wildflower_
Vickyxo
Charlii
16 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

May Buddies - Page 10 Empty Re: May Buddies

Post by SoHereIAm 20th May 2015, 8:52 pm

And yay vickyxo. I have someone else so close to my date. hurrah!  It'll be nice having someone go through the same stages as me :)
SoHereIAm
SoHereIAm
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 20th May 2015, 9:04 pm

6 weeks I think.  Whateveri don't need a special bra though,  I'm in sports bras.  It's just anything that can give me proper support.   Xxc
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 20th May 2015, 9:07 pm

As for surgery,  the recovery had been far quicker and less painful than my c section,  although they're not really comparable I suppose. 

I couldn't push a buggy but my recovery does seem to be sorer than average.   I'm quite happy walking but anything involving pectorals and any sort of weight hurts 
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 20th May 2015, 9:09 pm

I've had overs [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I would have been able to push a buggy at 5 days post op but I seem to have had a freakishly abnormal recovery. You definitely need to allow a longer recovery with unders so I would say that's optimistic so you need to try and ensure you've got lots of support around you to help as much as possible.
I've got a 2 year old who usually wants to be carried everywhere but I've shown him my poorly cuts and said I can't pick him up and he's been really good and actually walked everywhere for the first time ever! Xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 21st May 2015, 8:23 am

I'm 5 days post op today and I am feeling better today. managed to carry my v pillow, newspaper, phone and glasses to the lounge in one armful today rather than having to do one at a time. Its so difficult with recovery because everyone is so different. If my life depended on pushing a buggy then sure - if I could get someone else to do it for me then I would x 1000! My ribs and biceps ache today so if you had to get up and down kerbs or got jolted then I think it would hurt and you dont want to risk affecting your recovery. BUT you have kids and I dont so I know priorities are different. Not sure how you post op mums have done it to be honest! 

Yesterday I had to pull out our plastic paddling pool and fill it with the hose for the dog - he has been home with me since the op with no walk and yesterday decided that lazing on the sofa was now boring. Just moving that across the garden did make me light headed and I had to sit down. It was the lesser of two evils though. Hyper 36kg dog leaping around indoors and possibly jumping up at me or safely outside having a lovely time splashing about - it was worth the risk. 

I guess if you can get help from someone, brilliant. I am still a bit giddy from the GA - it affects me quite badly but some like Going4it have totally breezed the whole thing so you just never know! 

Have you had any surgery before?
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 21st May 2015, 8:31 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] yaya :-) Not long for us now! Im literally counting down the days.. tomorrow is my last day at work then im off for ages! Woohoo! Ideally bout eh pushchair and pushing it after 5 days, i wouldnt.. you need to be soo careful whilst healing. Dont do too much! Get a family member or partner to help you!

Ive had surgery before.. ive had key hole, teeth taken out, moles removed, gromit taken out and i can remember feeling fine with most but after my key hold surgery i felt sick and rough as a dog :-( Everyone recovers different though xxx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by _wildflower_ 21st May 2015, 8:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I went out and about yesterday for the first time after my op at 6 days post op, it was the first day I felt I would be fine doing it, and I had my mom with me the whole time as still feeling a little dizzy.

I pushed a trolley around sainsburys, could get everything of shelves, pack bags, carry bags into the house and I was fine. However I was only out for a couple of hours and I wouldn't want to be doing that much longer as I could feel the strain and wouldn't want to risk doing any damage! 

But I would be able to do it again today. So I'd say it really depends on how much you will be pushing the pushchair for! And of course you may be totally different to me as everyone recovers at different paces...Doctors generally say 7 days until you can return to work so that is a good guide...but really when it comes down to it you will know how you feel and what you are capable of as long as you listen to and prioritise your body.

Oh and surgical bras really aren't that bad and you can get some really nice sports bras to wear which will be fine as well!
When is your op?xo
_wildflower_
_wildflower_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

Post by _wildflower_ 21st May 2015, 8:35 am

And if you are having unders...I'd say no..you definitely wouldn't be able to xo
_wildflower_
_wildflower_
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Littleannie 21st May 2015, 1:40 pm

Hi everyone heals differently [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , but if you having unders like I have I would not advise pushing the pushchair. You will need some help. It isn't so much the pain but the restriction you have with the movement of your arms. You will need to rest and look after yourself. Nothing to be scared off at all and oh so worth it.
I only had 300 cc but also had to have compression band and a Macom bra. Band was for 2 weeks and at the moment bra for 6,
Just remember that it is a slightly different procedure with unders than overs and can a little longer to recover.
You will be fine and just think of your new boobies.
All the best , take care and let us know how you get on x
Littleannie
Littleannie
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 135

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 22nd May 2015, 9:12 am

Im glad imn not the only one still getting dizzy!   I feel like I can't do too much without needing a little sit down lol.     although I got fed up yesterday and went for a walk after walking the kids to school,  in totally I walked about 10km yesterday.   I was shattered by the evening though!   A few weeks ago I could have RUN 10k and not been as tired as I was last night!! 

I did manage to finally,  FINALLY have a proper wash though.   I can lift my arms enough to wash my armpits so I had a hot (waist deep)  bath and a good scrub.   I still hate the itchy sweaty underboob bandage but at least the rest of me wad clean.  I took your advice and got my hair washed and cut too and felt like a new woman!   It's amazing how much of a difference cleanliness (or lack thereof!!) can make to your mental health. 

I get my bandage off on Wednesday.   I am literally counting the days.  Ugh.

Post op ladies - how do your incisions feel?   I haven't even noticed mine until today but they're a bit itchy and stingy.  Not like infection. Just like a scab healing,  but I wondered what the rest of you experienced... Xx
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 22nd May 2015, 9:26 am

My right incision on Weds was AWFUL, I ended up putting a piece of soft gauze to pad between the incision and my bra as the slightest pressure was really painful. I also had crazy vibrating, fizzy feelings in my right one too all day. 

Yesterday - barely a murmur. Its so weird. The difference a day made was crazy, I felt 100% brighter, more positive, happier, they were less swollen and painful. 

I went to have my dressings off yesterday which I was apprehensive about especially after my mad panic dash back to the hospital the day of discharge due to the bleeding, was worried that something had gone a bit wrong under there! However the surgeon was delighted, the nurse said they were the best 5 day post op scars she had seen, she was very funny - an older northern lady, 'I say as I see, and although he (nods in senior surgeons direction) is annoying, his work is top drawer'. Dont think he was too impressed with the annoying bit but he does have a reputation with ALL the nurses I met for being 'very particular'. I would rather have a surgeon who is OCD than a slap dash one thats for sure!!  

I have added pictures to my picture trail if anyone wants to see - I'm really pleased that the shape of them is starting to appear now the swelling has gone down and its nice to have nipples back rather than blue pasties where they used to be. Apologies if the pictures are upside down - I lost the will to live with the damn website yesterday but you will get the general idea.
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 22nd May 2015, 1:55 pm

I've still got my dressing on!   Awful,  sticky thing.   I'm dying to rip it off and wash my skin,  lol 

Glad to know you're healing well!   Reassuring!!
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by going4it 22nd May 2015, 3:42 pm

It's my incisions that gave me the jip! I was fine apart from them, particularly the right one. I took painkillers it was that bad. It was really uncomfy for a few days and itchy but that is a good sign of healing. It was just so annoying.
It's all ok now and I've had the weird vibrations in my left boob and today this sunburn feeling that people have mentioned on my boobs under my nipples. I'm hoping that means the feeling is on it's way back.
Good news you've had the dressing off [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and they are really happy with them.
I'm shattered today so going to have a quick power nap as going out tonight but will have a look at your updated pics ASAP. I've still got your details xx
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] so pleased you're feeling better after a bit of pampering. You're right, just being "clean" made me feel so much better xx
going4it
going4it
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 745

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 22nd May 2015, 7:21 pm

I haven't had the sunburn yet,  but lots of bubbling and vibrations.   So strange!   I'm getting jabby sort of pains now,  and jarred my left armpit muscle instinctively trying to catch a falling mop.   It had just healed enough for me to lift my arm as well,  I'm so **naughty word** off!! So Bernie is back,  lol 

I hope your feeling comes back,  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!  My left nipple is back but areola isn't,  how weird!
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SoHereIAm 22nd May 2015, 8:10 pm

Thanks for answering my questions everyone :) Had my pre op today and asked all the same sort of stuff and she advised nothing much for 2 weeks, including housework arrggh.  I think I'm going to go mad. I have my mom for a week then my ex for the next so I suppose I'm all set. And I was also told that I have to wear the surgical bra provided for 3 months, day and night. woo

I also had 3 c-sections jabberwocky but found my recovery for those really easy. I suppose it goes to show everyones different so there's not that much point in comparing recovery experiences.

Have calmed down the googling of horror stories and am feeling much calmer. Maybe even looking forward to it! :) 

One last question for you guys; what kind of insurance does your surgeon/hospital offer? I'm with spire and they say they cover you for upto a year which doesn't seem a long time at all :(
SoHereIAm
SoHereIAm
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 23rd May 2015, 11:02 am

Im with spire too,  they offered the extra two year insurance.   I forget what is called but it covers pretty much everything for two years but they only offer it to certain surgeons I believe?   BAAPS Members?
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickyxo 23rd May 2015, 11:14 am

I have 10 years aftercare.. I paid extra for mine xx
Vickyxo
Vickyxo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 582

Back to top Go down

Post by Monday121 23rd May 2015, 1:22 pm

I haven't been on here for a while so I'm just going to read back to catch up on everyone's news. The first thing that struck me is all the new avi's. Ladies, you're all looking fantastic! Mega excited that it'll be me soon xx
Monday121
Monday121
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 23rd May 2015, 5:27 pm

Ok, so who else is utterly SICK of wearing a bra?

None of mine are all that comfortable - the best is the Belvia only it doesn't actually support my breasts.

I'm sick of this STUPID TAPE under my boobs and up to my armpits, and I'm sick of stupid bra-bands sitting right on it and making me even more sore and itchy.
growl growl growl growl growl growl growl

I just want to lie down on my side comfortably and sleep for a year!

Aaaand breathe!

Sorry, I needed to let that out somewhere.  I am so fed up!!  To top it off, I've stopped taking the painkillers as I'm 99% sure they're giving me stomach problems (chronic, horrid indigestion) so I'm extra ratty today  Hysterical

Sorry girls  Give You
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by _wildflower_ 23rd May 2015, 5:30 pm

Ditto

I stopped taking painkillers 2 days a go and now I feel soooo much better.

Really want to go braless!
_wildflower_
_wildflower_
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 23rd May 2015, 6:47 pm

Think we all hit that wall today! I had a rant earlier about bra bands and scars and why hadn't anyone come up with a solution to this! I did sit up in bed for about 15 mins with my Macom undone and just had a good old prod and feel today, I've been too sore before now. Few patches that are a bit numb but not totally. I just have steri strip type medical tape over my scars now - like the stuff that holds down a gauze dressing, is yours like a big plaster?
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 23rd May 2015, 7:40 pm

Yeah mine's the same as on my picture trail - just a big white bit of sticky tape, only fairly thick, so it's almost padded.  A bit like the thickness of those sticky 'pads' you can get for putting on stuff so it doesn't scratch your table, lol.  

It's **naughty word** me off as I've obviously been sweating under it over the last week, but I can't wash there, so it's that awful itchy, dried-sweat sort of feeling but I can't wash it!  Plus the incisions are healing so they itch a bit too, plus I've got my bra pushing on THAT EXACT AREA so that's making it sore and itchy too.

I just want to rip the tape off and scrub at it until it's clean, lol.  More often than not I've not worn a bra, prior to my BA, so this 24/7 business is new to me, and irritating.

I went braless yesterday for about an hour while I was sat watching tv.  I can't do it for long as my armpit muscle still hurts (plus I pulled it again yesterday catching that effing mop) and when I let 'the girls' free they sort of tug on it. 

Still, nothing like the pain I was in on Monday.  I keep reminding myself of that.  I couldn't move without crying in pain.  Today I'm just 'annoyed' pain rather than 'crying' pain so it's all getting better :)

I'm hugely envious of you and your steri-strips though, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] !!  Can you see the incisions - how do they look?

My tape is slowly peeling away in the centre (there was always a gap, but it's obviously coming away more and more as time wears on) and I've got a sort of red wound (a bit like a stretch mark, but not, more like blood under the skin) just before my incision on the left.  Scared the life out of my as my instant thought was 'septic infection' when I saw it  Hysterical not that I'm paranoid or anything!!  But it's only about 1cm long and I can see either end of it, so it's just a bit of ripped blood vessel or something.  I've got a pic of something similar on my picturetrail which is on my ribs, below the tape on my left.  I called it 'bruising' for lack of a better word, but it's the same on my cleavage.  I had to get the mirror out and everything and enlisted my husband to assure me it wasn't fetid and infected!
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 23rd May 2015, 7:55 pm

I have a few proper stitches round my nipples from the uplift that will have to come out which I'm not looking forwards to. But from seeing some other post op photos on various websites I was expecting far worse, so pleasantly surprised when the big dressing came off. I know what you mean considering I'm only a week post op I'm amazed at how good I feel today. Have you seen my pics Jabberwocky? Cant remember who I sent password info to - glad I have been taking them it's nice to see progress already.
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 23rd May 2015, 8:05 pm

I've just had a look now at your updated one, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They look AMAZING!!!  Epic side-bruising btw, but crikey they look fab :D  I found my bruising faded to look almost like contour makeup, so made them look even more cleavage-y  Hysterical

I love the 'square tape on round nipple' as well, lol.

I've had stitches out before (C section, again), and I didn't even feel it.  It just felt like a gentle tugging and it was over in a couple of seconds, literally.  I was SO scared it would hurt but it was fine.

They seriously look awesome, especially when I look at your avatar now.  Nice boobs  :ok:
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 23rd May 2015, 8:31 pm

Thanks honey!! I'm really pleased and hopefully they will get better and better. Can't wait to try on bikinis and dresses and things. I wish my bruises were more cleavage enhancing! They look even worse today but only one side which is odd. I get a bit funny with stuff like that - I have a tendency to faint!! Very annoying - I just need to suck it up!
My boyf said 'nice rack' the other day and I got all giggly and silly (I know right?!!!) xxxx
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next