Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revision, thoughts on asking to go bigger and cost

4 posters

Go down

Revision, thoughts on asking to go bigger and cost Empty Revision, thoughts on asking to go bigger and cost

Post by Emma71 12th February 2015, 5:20 pm

Hi,
I'm having a revision on the 2nd April for slight double bubble, I think my tissue is going to be fanned out more over the implant and the original fold dissected further, and the pocket released because the implant is very tight and hard. On my other breast I am just having a limits bit of skin tightened on my vertical uplift scar.
Anyway...... Am just canvassing thoughts on something before I ask my surgeon as don't want to appear silly. Ever since I had them done I have wished they were slightly bigger. I'm a dd now but I've got a broad rib cage so they feel a bit 'swallowed up'. I did mention it to my surgeon but he said he could have on,y gone bigger safety if I had 2 stage. I also have quite I inelastic skin apparently..
So what are your thoughts on asking for my implants to be enlarged whilst the bonnets up so to speak,,,,!! I'm getting the re-op for free but of course would have to pay for the new implants. I'm assuming it would be safe as is now in effect '2 stage'. Do you think it is worth asking or will I come across as a bit of a chancer? I'm relatively happy with the size but just have that yearning for a little more. Xxx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 172

Back to top Go down

Revision, thoughts on asking to go bigger and cost Empty Re: Revision, thoughts on asking to go bigger and cost

Post by Charlii 12th February 2015, 6:10 pm

There's never any harm in asking. BUT you're only 3m post and the double bubble already may suggest your breasts still aren't ready for it. I'd definitely discuss it with your surgeon, he may be happy to go slightly bigger. Only he'll be able to tell you for sure.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Revision, thoughts on asking to go bigger and cost Empty Re: Revision, thoughts on asking to go bigger and cost

Post by Emma71 12th February 2015, 6:22 pm

Thank you for the reply. I think I need to get to the bottom of the reason for the double bubble first. My right one was more tuberous and I just don't think it's managed to spread/ stretch properly over the implant, but I'm not sure. I'm just having one of those upset days when I'm questioning ever having started this whole process . A friend has just had hers done and even at 310 they look better. I feel upset that I started off in such a bad place that I haven't been able to achieve what I really wanted because of limitations in the width of my breast and skin elasticity. I know it's pathetic and I am lucky to have healthy breasts , just feeling upset. Once I'm not a newbie anymore I will post my picture trail to get some more balanced feedback as I am obsessively scrutinising every flaw. I wish I could go in next week for revision but know it is not advised until 6 months post op xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 12th February 2015, 7:46 pm

Oh hun, in sorry you're feeling blue. You really can't compare yourself to your friend though, tuberous breast are much more complicated that a straight BA. You've got yourself a good baaps surgeon, and I'm sure you can work with him to get your desired result, it just might take a little longer that you thought. We'll be here to help along the way
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 12th February 2015, 9:25 pm

Thank you Charlii, kind and true words. It never stops amazing me how almost exactly the same implants look so different on different people. I will exercise some actual patience and speak with mr murphy on the 18th. I'm not a very assertive person bad find it really difficult it get across what I feel because I feel by doing so I am criticising his judgement. Silly I know, I'm the customer xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 12th February 2015, 9:35 pm

I'm exactly the same. At work, I'm a confident gobsh1te who will give my opinion on anything! But put me in front of my surgeon and I completely shell up! You feel like he's the expert, so this must be fine, right? But if you're not feeling happy, then he hasn't finished the job. Take a deep breath, and discuss it with him. If you're nervous about it, write it all down beforehand, so you don't lose your place or get carried away with what he says, and take someone in with you who you know will steer it back to you.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 12th February 2015, 9:40 pm

Exactly!! I have to remember that he has heard it all before. All I want is explanations of decisions that have been made and valid reasons for saying no to any requests I have. He took 320 in to the operation and couldn't fit them, but I never really asked if that was aesthetic or safety and I really need those answers. Thanks for the fab advice again xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 21st March 2015, 4:40 pm

Quick update.... I'm not a regular poster but it really helped me reading other peoples stories so I hope this May help someone else along the way.
I saw my surgeon and we discussed how to fix my tuberous breast. He thinks it's not dropped or fluffed because my old fold needs dissecting further and that is also causing he double bubble/ snoop dog. He is going to take the implant out, dissect the fold and then fan my tissue so it sits better when the implant goes back in
We talked about size and my dissatisfaction that I hadn't understood the limitations on size of doing a one stage procedure. He said hr would prefer to do my revision first as he's still not sure my constricted breast can stretch enough to take bigger. He also said that once the bad boob looks like the good one I may feel more positive about my results. However he said if I'm still not happy I can go 100 cc bigger and he w.ill only charge me for the new implant, and he will negotiate with the hospital about their costs. He had the anesthestist will charge nothing.
I feel well advised and it all seems logical to me so feel happy going in to my revision on the 2nd. Anybody who wants to see the problems I've had please shout as I'd also value opinions on the size for my frame of the good one!! Xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 21st March 2015, 6:11 pm

That sounds like a very sensible surgeon and a good plan right there. Fix the tuberous breast, then see if you're happy with size. It'll take time, but at least you have a plan in place now. Glad you're feeling better about it.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 22nd March 2015, 11:18 am

Thanks charli. If someone had told me 6 months I would end up having surgery potentially 3 times I would have been horrified. I think it's something we should all realise is a possibility xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 29th March 2015, 11:45 am

Hi thanks for posting your update I was really interested to find out the outcome. Sounds very reasonable. It's made me think too about the fact that things can go wrong causing further surgeries etc.
Good luck on your revision :)
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma71 29th March 2015, 9:30 pm

Thank you, I am guessing it will take a while to see if it works because that boob is very stubborn!! I'm quite looking forward to my night in hospital, the kids are driving me loopy! Xx
Emma71
Emma71
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 30th March 2015, 8:03 pm

Not got long to wait now!
The things we mums do for a night away from the kids! Hysterical
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down