Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brand new PRE BA - lots of questions re BA & Lift

+6
sarahlou222
drinkeroftea
KatyH
mirren001
Fleurina
Boobz
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Brand new PRE BA - lots of questions re BA & Lift - Page 2 Empty Re: Brand new PRE BA - lots of questions re BA & Lift

Post by sarahlou222 9th February 2015, 8:34 am

I don't think conical or furry Brazilians would be a short cut. Just a different type of implants that sticks to the wall, meaning that, where the surgeon places them they stay. They are not putting weight down on your breasts for them to droop any further (as far as my understanding goes) xx
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Brand new PRE BA - lots of questions re BA & Lift - Page 2 Empty Re: Brand new PRE BA - lots of questions re BA & Lift

Post by mirren001 9th February 2015, 11:26 am

Maybe worth while having a consultation with Garrick Georgeu ( he seems to be the expert in conical implants) they are suitable for those borderline uplift, so another option for you to perhaps consider.
 I think he works London & Chelmsford, another case where you can save a lot of money by having op at a different hospital but still have the same surgeon. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneT 13th February 2015, 9:33 am

Hi Boobz. My experience may help you. I went for the cheap option. 1-2 level droop. Told it could be corrected with a larger implant only. It did work..For about 5 months!  Then gravity and weight from the implant did it thing with me and I ended up with low large saggy boobs. Imagine bowling balls in tights lol. That was against another surgeons advice of uplift with smaller implants!  I tried to save money...now its cost me more! 11 days ago I had a full anchor lift with smaller implants and so far I'm so completely over the moon  with them My treatment has been fabulous.  The surgeon (Adrian Richards at MyBreast)  and his nurses are just the nicest most understanding people. Nothing is too much trouble. My aftercare is amazing. It cost me £6,500 including all med's and the stay In hospital. He also does video link consultations which could be perfect for you. He is the director of Aurora Clinics too so you may get a better price directly.  I did not know this prior to booking with MyBreast. He may be worth a consultation too. Good luck! xx
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobz 13th February 2015, 10:06 am

Thanks Nikki - that is all great advice. I will look him up now. I have a slot in the UK when I am back - will see if I can slip him in.

Thanks for coming on and giving me your experience - what size were your breasts pre lift?
Boobz
Boobz
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobz 13th February 2015, 11:42 am

Gah - Mr Richards is only holiday that day that I am free.
Boobz
Boobz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NikkiJaneT 13th February 2015, 2:00 pm

Damn..but he does do free video link consultation which could work for you maybe?.  I was an empty 34B before my first BA. Then went to a 34E/F with 525cc overs (to help perk them up.. This was temporary sadly) Then had and uplift with Mr Richards. . partial unders 390cc  11 days ago. Size yet to be determined but I think a DD. Good luck lovely x
NikkiJaneT
NikkiJaneT
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 120

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobz 13th February 2015, 10:10 pm

Yes could do video consult, but I always wonder if they really help as you need them to really see/feel the boob to get a proper handle on it (Hassan was going to charge 50 quid for a Skype consult which I didn't really think would be worth the cash!)
Boobz
Boobz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaeBug 17th February 2015, 8:24 am

Hiya Boobz :)
I had a very similar experience, went along to my consultation just thinking a BA would be what i needed to achieve the shape I'd like and half way through my appointment feet a bit like my poor little boobs had been character assassinated! Having learned that i'd need a donut (or benelli they sometimes call it) lift because of a grade 1 droop.
I chatted with him more and thought about it and i decided that actually my surgeon Mr Mashhadi knows his stuff and just wants the best outcome, he's known for being a perfectionist (which i'm happy about!!). I found him through NU Cosmetic Clinic and he works in London at The Welbeck Hospital (and other places around London) and for the NHS doing breast reconstruction. Because i'd initially only anticipated the cost of the BA I was given a reduction in price of the additional lift, he's doing it as one procedure and because the donut lift isn't too much more work than just a BA it's cost me £5,200 in total.
It might be worth checking him out and seeing what he suggests. Sorry! Maybe another surgeon to add to your list!! :)
I'm booked in on the 10th of March and when I can i'd be happy to share pics with you. 
Mae x
MaeBug
MaeBug
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobz 17th February 2015, 8:46 am

Hi Mae - thanks for replying.

Sounds like we both got a bit of a shock!

Mr Mashhadi isn't on the BAAPS register as far as I can tell though - and I am set on making sure the surgeon I go with is a BAAPs member.

Would love to see your photos however, when the time comes, as I'm really keen to try and have a doughut lift too if I can, rather than the full anchor!
Boobz
Boobz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by drinkeroftea 17th February 2015, 9:02 am

Hi boobz, 

Mr mashhadi is on the BAPRAS register x
drinkeroftea
drinkeroftea
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 243

Back to top Go down

Post by MaeBug 17th February 2015, 9:05 am

That worried me too at first and after a bit of research i found that it's because he's on the BAPRAS register which is the British association of plastic, reconstructive and asthetic surgeons, i think because of all of the reconstructive NHS work he does.
The full anchor option scared me too but from what i've read on here most ladies seem to heal really well and are so pleased with their new shape, i'm happier with the donut though for speedier healing, a smaller lift as grade 1 and also because i'm mixed race i'm higher risk of keloid scarring! 
Good luck with the search, it's so exciting :) 
Mae x
MaeBug
MaeBug
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaeBug 17th February 2015, 9:06 am

Oops! Snap @drinker!! :) x
MaeBug
MaeBug
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobz 17th February 2015, 10:07 am

Are BAPRAS surgeons covered by this insurance as well? I can only see BAAPS on there:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Boobz
Boobz
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MaeBug 17th February 2015, 10:30 am

I believe so, BAPRAS is the new name for British Association of Plastic Surgeons, which has been about since the 1940's so it's very well established.
I only know that as i work as a nurse in a cosmetic surgery clinic (but we don't do BA's at the moment! Typical!!) and know that the surgeons there are with BAPRAS so i don't know very much about BAAPS but they're probably very similar :) Because of work and being familiar with them it felt 'safe'!!
MaeBug
MaeBug
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next