Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elanic Glasgow

3 posters

Go down

Elanic Glasgow Empty Elanic Glasgow

Post by pixi81 21st November 2014, 7:01 am

Hi everyone I was wondering if any ladies have been here as it interests me as they can use local anaesthetic?  I want to book a consultation after Christmas but would like a rough idea of cost if possible?  I'd like a local anesthetic, but in hospital not their clinic,  as I'm really scared in case something went wrong! I've had bad experience before with medical things so would feel safer in hospital,  but I think this could make it more expensive, even with the local? If anyone could help that would be great,  thanks x
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 185

Back to top Go down

Elanic Glasgow Empty Re: Elanic Glasgow

Post by anneritchley 21st November 2014, 7:46 am

I think I read a post on here yesterday about local anaesthetic. I think it was slightly more expensive but different surgeons and clinics or hospitals vary with price quiet a lot. I personally would rather have a GA but of course that's just me. I hope someone can give you some more info soon . Xxxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 21st November 2014, 7:58 am

Thanks for your reply, I'm scared of a local too lol, but I hated getting put to sleep as well! I'm scared of all surgical/ medical procedures....not a good patient! X
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 21st November 2014, 10:08 am

I can highly recommend the elanic. I've just had smart lipo done last week under local with sedation. I had hot anestatist called Andy who can talk for Britain.
My surgery was with vivek savaranjan. He's great, very easy to talk to also and is not a surgeon who would criticise or anything, he explains everything in great detail and also has a nurse in with him at all times. He shows pictures of his past surgeries and also asks throughout if u have any questions.

They have a great team. All very friendly and chatty.
I was told if anything had gone wrong, which is very rare. I would of been sent to glasgow royal to be stabilised then to rosshall after that. You get a 24 hour emergency number which 1 nurse has phone each night incase needed.

I went In at 12.30 discharged at 6.30pm....I had dizzy spells while waiting on my brother picking me up.

You don't need to worry about the local with sedation. I personally wanted to Watch but because of sedation I don't remember a thing....Gutted! Lol
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 21st November 2014, 10:13 am

Thanks v much. That's great you had a good experience with it. I've only ever heard good things about elanic and they do a really good warranty with BA too. I take it u had no pain at all during the procedure? That's what worries me it will still hurt a bit?
I get you with wanting to watch, it is fascinating, not sure my nerves would cope though! X
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 21st November 2014, 10:28 am

I felt totally at ease throughout everything.
I have no recollection of anything. I walked into theatre had iodine slabbed on me because I was to lie on stomach 1st. Cannula inserted once I lay down before I knew it I was being woken to move onto recovery bed. They told me I had stood up to turn onto my back when sedation was decreased.....no clue lol. Then I woke up again in recovery.

Nope no pain whatsoever. Ur given anti sickness and also pain relief before sedation that's all I remember. And for me my local was inserted through needle in my abdo flanks and back but I was already asleep x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 21st November 2014, 11:27 am

That sounds great I'm glad it went well. It demo sounds like the way I'd like to go, probably I'd feel better in the hospital than their own clinic though. I take it you're pleased with the results too? X
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 21st November 2014, 11:44 am

I can honestly say best experience. I was very faint but I had fat sucked out me so did lose blood. There is always someone with u at all times, so never on ur own.

I'm more than happy with my results, it'll take time for final result as with any operation but I'm defo pleased x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 21st November 2014, 7:09 pm

Excellent, I've heard so many good things now on here. I'm still a bit short on iron after a very big blood loss with last baby, hopefully after Xmas I can get the ball rolling! X
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 21st November 2014, 8:02 pm

Well i hope u get there soon. If it's any help they will be at the girls day out next weekend at the secc. Stall 5b I think it is x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 22nd November 2014, 6:45 am

Thanks again, I won't be able to go unfortunately,  can't wait to book my consultation, hopefully my iron will be better at next doc appt. I'm so impatient it's driving me mad! X
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 22nd November 2014, 9:31 am

Ah ok. I think even if u book consultation u can book in advance then keep an eye on your iron levels. I only has a month to wait from my 1st consult then I had pre op 2 weeks later. Then 2 weeks after that was my surgery. They go with ur time scale not just what they give you. Good luck x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 22nd November 2014, 9:39 am

I was hoping to to be on for it to be done in march, then I'll have the easter hols to not worry about the school run, so it's good to know you didn't have long to wait for your op. Next opportunity after that will be summer hols! Are you going back for your BA soon? X
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 22nd November 2014, 10:46 am

If u get a consult they could arrange it all and just change it if need be. No I'm an nhs candidate. My bmi is too high just now so until then I'm not allowed on waiting list x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pixi81 22nd November 2014, 10:59 am

Ah right thanks for your help, I think ill book my consultation soon! Good luck with your bmi,  I've recently lost 2 and a half stone and know how hard it is, I'm the lightest I've been in 14 years! X
pixi81
pixi81
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 22nd November 2014, 11:27 am

Ur welcome. It's just nice to actually have had experience of something someone wants info on lol. Felt like a kid in a sweet shop wen I saw the thread haha! X
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down