Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No strap or sports bra after surgery!!

+5
tinkerbell24
Ruthie000
Charlii
Pixiedust
Pan101
9 posters

Go down

No strap or sports bra after surgery!! Empty No strap or sports bra after surgery!!

Post by Pan101 26th July 2014, 8:54 am

Hi ladies. I've been told by my surgeon that he doesn't strap me up or recommend sports bras after surgery. He feels that just vest tops with support are best. I'm a little concerned as all I seem to read is that they should be strapped and sports bra for 6 weeks. I totally trust my surgeon as have had other procedure with him before but I just wondered if anyone else has had this and was it ok? I'm worried they'll drop too quickly or won't heal right!? Thanks x
Pan101
Pan101
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

No strap or sports bra after surgery!! Empty Re: No strap or sports bra after surgery!!

Post by Pixiedust 26th July 2014, 9:33 am

Hi I wasnt strapped or didn't have to wear a sports bra although my surgeon said if I felt more comfortable in one I could wear a medium support one. Each surgeon is different and its just their personal preference. xx
Pixiedust
Pixiedust
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 307

Back to top Go down

No strap or sports bra after surgery!! Empty Re: No strap or sports bra after surgery!!

Post by Charlii 26th July 2014, 6:43 pm

Every surgeons post op instructions are tailored patient to patient, so what he's told you will be right for you, and where others are strapped up, that's right for them. A lot of girls are told no bra post op, so it's perfectly fine.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruthie000 26th July 2014, 6:55 pm

It does seem that every one goes through a different process and instructions when it comes to recovery. 

I never had a strap and was only told to wear a sports bra on the day for the first 6 weeks. However I have been wearing my sports bra at the end of the day and to sleep in as have had achy boobs as it helps. 

Follow what your surgeon advised and what feels comfortable to you.
Ruthie000
Ruthie000
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 88

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 27th July 2014, 1:28 pm

yip every surgeon is diff and even every surgery is diff

I had to wear a sports bra after the first op and after my reop no bra but had a compression band for months!! xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by nf83 2nd January 2015, 9:15 pm

Hi 
I was giving a strap after surgery and told to wear a sports bra both for 2 months but they both hurt me so much ive had to change to a support bra which is much more comfortable.
I can alreAdy they don't feel squashed down I could hardly breath 
X
nf83
nf83
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd January 2015, 10:51 pm

nf83 wrote:Hi 
I was giving a strap after surgery and told to wear a sports bra both for 2 months but they both hurt me so much ive had to change to a support bra which is much more comfortable.
I can alreAdy they don't feel squashed down I could hardly breath 
X
Did you clear not wearing your strap with your surgeon H? If you did that's fine babe, but if not, the strap is prescribed for a reason. With very tight skin the strap helps to force the implants down into position which they might not be able to do on their own without the strap. So if you didn't get the all clear hun and you're finding it uncomfortable to wear the best advise would be to contact your clinic about this and GE advise from them to help make you more comfortable. If you haven't had the all clear and just aren't wearing the strap and your breasts weren't to drop, there is every possibility your surgeon could void your aftercare lovely, leaving any possible revision to your cost. 

As I said, ignore me if you've already spoken with your surgeon, but if not, please do call your clinic for advise ASAP H. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Each of us will just like pre-op have different surgery plans to suit our own body type, will also have different post-op plans to care for us after the surgery we had. 

Some ladies wear no bras, some wear a low impact or a crop top, some wear high impact, some have a band, some have compression bandages, some have tapes, some have to wear a bra for 2 weeks, or 4 or 6 or 12 weeks. It's all dependent on the individual and your particular needs. 

Never compare your own post-op instruction to that of others hun. Your body is unique to YOU and therefore you should follow only the instructions given to you by your own surgeon.  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 3rd January 2015, 12:00 am

As the others have said, each lady will have needs tailored for their surgery.  I have to wear a band for atleast 6 weeks, and a sports bra for 8. m I absolutely HATED the band for the first few days, particularly when the implants were so high, but now I've got used to it.  As for the bra, I am so much more comfortable in a higher support bra.  I'm not actually looking forward to the buggers (thats the nicest term for them at the moment haha)  being let loose! xx
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by nf83 4th January 2015, 6:08 pm

Have to wait to speak to surgeon ao until then still wearing strap and just changed my sports bra to a support bra which ive been told Is ok to do as the one I had was holding up my shoulders N arms and causing too much pain! 
Can't wait to get measured and find out the truth
nf83
nf83
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 4th January 2015, 6:34 pm

Sometimes they put the strap on wrong and it can be very uncomfortable. I had one for 6wk. You need to pull it straight across your back along where a bra band would sit, then up and over. This will prevent the chaffing under the arms. You then need it tight enough so it's doing its job, but not so tight you can't breath. You absolutely must keep it on, otherwise if something goes wrong, your aftercare could be invalidated. Also, what do you mean by support bra? If you've been told high impact, you must stick to high impact for the same reasons. There are plenty of bras on the market to find the right one for you. The tightness in the chest is likely from the surgery itself, or too small a bra.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by nf83 4th January 2015, 9:33 pm

Thank you for your advice I have spoke to the consultant who answered my questions and by support bra I mean a Macom sorry I'm a newbie don't know all the technical terms 
They said its fine for me to wear and have been wearing my band lower at the back them up and over! The swelling has gone down a bit today will look forward to a full nights sleep xx
nf83
nf83
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahlou222 5th January 2015, 1:03 pm

Thank you for this post.. Another question added to the list! X
sarahlou222
sarahlou222
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1349

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 5th January 2015, 1:05 pm

Thanks for that tip Charlii!  I had been wearing mine wrong!  Feels much better now I have it as you described!

x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 5th January 2015, 6:30 pm

Sorry Boobies2be, I thought I'd told you already! First thing my nurse did was shake her head and say those ruddy surgeons always put it on wrong! I suppose when your limp and under its tricky to do it right, but then you're left a week with sores in your pits! It makes a lot more bearable!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 5th January 2015, 11:54 pm

You may well have done, but it would have been in my codeine haze ha! Do you happen to know if its OK to wear it on top of your bra as I find that less irritating on the sunburn sensation? Or does it have to be on the skin? X
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 6th January 2015, 8:00 pm

Ah, that I do not know. But I do know that you have to keep moisturising! I shed like a snake, especially around the back where it was. You can do it, only 3 and a half more weeks! Then you can burn it :evil:
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 6th January 2015, 8:14 pm

Checked with the nurse, she said it was fine to wear over the bra :)  So far the shedding is staying at bay, just the sexy waxy look at the mo haha!
Party time in 3.5 weeks I reckon!! 

x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down