Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Waiting times: What to expect

Go down

Waiting times: What to expect Empty Waiting times: What to expect

Post by Sjelly 29th June 2014, 8:41 am

Hello

Its been a very long time. Wanted to update on what to expect with waiting times to give a bit of insight for everyone else thinking of/going through the NHS.

As some of you are aware, I have/had severe constricted breasts. I was told it would take 2-3 operations minimum. 7 months ago, I had my first operation involving a fat graft to my left breast and my right breast reduced in size, with an uplift for both.

Waiting Time:
From the begining, I was told by the nurse that once on the list, you do not have to go through the waiting list each time and by another surgeon that normally most would have their second operation after the 6 month mark following their previous surgery. I had my follow up appointment with my surgeon 5 months after my surgery as my appointment was cancelled, the other appointment he wasn't there where I was told I'd get implants and the final appointment when he was there, I was told that it would be another graft, not implants. I am looking to have my second surgery around October time (11months after) as I have been put on a 6 month waiting list since seeing my surgeon. 

I'm intending this to be a clarification post on what to expect when going down the NHS route. I understand it varies across the UK, but I hope this helps when thinking about going through the NHS; It does take a very long time and do expect to have your follow up appointment since surgery well after their 8-12 week target.

Also, please be aware I started the NHS route 4 years ago, gave it another go 2 years ago as most plastic surgeons informed me it was an NHS case. I think I should expect to be done end of next year hopefully! fingers crossed 

Feel free to share your experiences too when waiting.  Give You
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down