Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

boob job on nhs?

+8
Ind94
mirren001
Charlii
kati1236
tinkerbell24
misf1
tigertonix
Mhboobjob
12 posters

Go down

boob job on nhs? Empty boob job on nhs?

Post by Mhboobjob 20th February 2014, 11:33 pm

I have recently turned 19 and i am still a 32AA with no breast tissue, i am 8st 5 at a size 8 and 5ft 3 and i feel completely out of proportion and insecure. I have been considering sugery since i was 17, i have read about being able to get a boob job on the nhs if you have severe depression with your size. I wouldnt say i am severly depressed but i would definately say i am insecure and embarrassed of my shape as they are completely out of proportion with the rest of my body and i cannot afford breast augmentation for a few years and i am desperate to not look this way. I was wondering if anyone has been in my position with potentially fitting the nhs criteria? I have a gp appointment on 3rd of March.
Mhboobjob
Mhboobjob
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

boob job on nhs? Empty Re: boob job on nhs?

Post by tigertonix 21st February 2014, 12:04 am

Hi, honey! Firstly I'd just like to give you a big virtual hug!
It was only 3 months ago that I was feeling exactly the same as you -- very depressed, so insecure, never had a boyfriend, never shown my body to anyone at all, 32AA, body of a little boy -- Trust me, I know how you feel. I thought about applying for a BA on the NHS for ages but I've been told that it is extremely difficult to have this done. I've heard that you need to be extremely, and i mean EXTREMELY depressed to qualify. It needs to be having an affect on your life so much that you're not leading a regular life, too depressed to leave the house or see anyone etc..
I also know a girl who tried to go down that route for a nose job but after years of trying she didn't qualify. I think if you do qualify the waiting list is years anyway so that's why i chose to pay for mine myself. I know you're desperate babe (and god knows i know how you feel haha) but you should really consider trying to save up or looking at finance options? Have you been for a consultation yet? I went with Transform and you can get a free consultation with a personal coordinator to discuss why you want a BA and money options etc.. No strings attached, just a consultation! :)
Have you told your family about this too? Because if you feel so deeply about this maybe someone could help you out money-wise? There's quite a few girls on here who are currently saving up for a BA and are waiting to get it done next year--until they've saved up enough. I saved up for 3 whole years to fund mine (from 17-20 years old).. So it isn't easy, and you need a lot of patience and motivation to save up, but it is possible if you want it babe!! And saving up is actually really easy when you know you're going to have boobies at the end of it haha :)

Of course you could look into the nhs options but you may have to research more into that because i don't know a lot about that myself.. Sorry, honey!
I hope you're okay! Take care and a massive good luck!!! Xxxxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 21st February 2014, 3:17 am

I know how you feel I had body image problems and was off work with extreme depression, was taking anti depressants and went to see my GP, they wouldn't even refer me as they told me in my area there was no funding for this at all, no one ever had. It's kind of like a postcode lottery some places offer funding and some offer none unless you have a huge amount of asymmetry. The recommendations are usually a difference of two cup sizes difference between your breasts and even then most of the time they say no. However there is no harm in going to see your GP because even if they can't offer you funding they can help you with the negative feelings you are feeling about yourself. 
You may also find that you have not finished growing yet and some surgeons may suggest waiting until you are 21 as you may find you develop some breast tissue, although I know from experience this doesn't always happen. I couldn't afford my BA until I was 29, it always bothered me that I had different shape small breasts but I always tried to enjoy life and forget about my breasts, I had a huge collection of gel bras, bikinis and chicken fillet silicone inserts. What I'm trying to say is you are beautiful no matter what and yes you will get your BA whether it be via the nhs or by saving or borrowing the money, you will get there. Please talk to your GP about any issues you have as they can help you work through these first. It can be very easy to project life issues on to something you don't like about yourself and changing the part of yourself through cosmetic surgery is like a plaster its temporary and eventually the feelings come back as the BA didn't solve the problems. I'm not saying this is how you feel I'm just explaining that sometimes this can be an issue to think about. Also a BA is very emotionally draining, the healing process can take up to a year to see the final results of the surgery, this can be upsetting and frustrating at times and no surgery is without the possibility of a complication which means you could be faced with further operations and worries which can be very draining and upsetting and could mean you may not see the final results for over a year. I'm not trying to put you off, I just want you to understand that you do need to be mentally prepared for a BA and if you have body issues it could cause worse depression, this is why private clinics now check your medical records and if you have a history of depression they will insist on a letter from you GP to confirm you are able to cope with having a BA, they will refuse to operate if the GP can't confirm you are ok for surgery. 
It's something you have to really think about and be prepared for all further costs, a BA may need to be re done every 10 years, sometimes less sometimes more, so as soon as you have the op it's time to start saving again for the future. It's the best thing I've ever done and I love my new boobs, I wish I could have afforded it sooner and I'm glad I was mentally prepared for the op. 
Good luck at your GP appointment I hope they are able to help you.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 21st February 2014, 8:47 am

I have body image problems and have seen my.go for this on and offer years and years,had anti depressants and councilling and went for years to see about a BA on the NHS but was always told no and the fact I've got problems was a main factor of the answer being no

I now think that to be fair NHS should be used for people who have had breast cancer etc etc, but that's just my.opinion, just cause I didn't grow breaststroke why should the NHS give me some, when it's purely cosmetic and non health related, not that I have anything against anyone having a BA on the NHS 

Wish u.loads of luck in.your journey 

I.will say I'm.still not loving my boobs and I feel this might be.down.to me and my issues xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 21st February 2014, 9:14 am

Hey Mhboobjob,

I know you your feeling hun, I went through the same thing, body conscious etc.. I had 2 kids and breastfed both of them. After my son I was very depressed over my boobs (or non existent ones). I was starting to not leave the house etc because of this and seriously affected my relationship I was in.

I went to my GP who was amazing about it all and he refered me further on. AGES!! later I got an appointment 2hrs away at a hospital to get them checked and see a counsellor. I was measured and it was the first time I had shown anyone but my mum, my boobs since having my son, and I cried the whole time. I then had to wait to see the counsellor. She was really nice and I sat in there crying for what seemed hours. I was then told my case was not severe enough for it. I wanted it so badly and th whole process killed me inside. After a while it gave me the strength and determination to do it myself instead, and I saved. I managed to be able to fund it myself with no finance and finally got my boobies 6 days ago.
I think unless you are an extreme case they will not do it anymore, they were bashed to hell via media and newspapers for giving it to the wrong people who then went to newspapers and shared their story. So unfortunately the rules are very strict now.
Good luck with your process though and I wish you the best of luck as to get it on the NHS is near impossible now. xxx
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 21st February 2014, 9:48 am

Hey, Welcome to the forum.

Firstly - You've come to the right place. There are so many girls on here in the same situation, myself included, so this is a great place to share your feelings.

Secondly - I'm sorry to say, but its is extraordinarily difficult to get it on the NHS because of depression. With all the media coverage of these ungrateful girls, its harder and harder. Plus its almost a double edge sword, you'd need a psych eval, which may come out that you're not stable enough for the surgery, so you get healthier in your mind, and they say there's no longer a problem.

My advise would be to see your GP, but not for a BA referral - for counselling referral. This is what I did back when I was about 19, 20, and it did help for a while. It helped me to work through some of these issues of self loathing, realise the cause of them, and make me more comfortable with myself. After which, I decided I still wanted it done, and I'd have to do it on my own steam. That was 7 odd yrs ago. It wasn't until this time last year that I found myself in a position to be able to go ahead with it, which is often the case.

I also want to echo a lot of MisF1's comments. The process of having a private BA is harrowing enough, the healing process takes up to 2yrs and can be very frustrating and draining at times.

I don't want to sound patronising, but you're young, you have time. If its a goal you want to achieve, you'll do it eventually. Its going to take hard graft and a lot of effort, but everyone has done it, and I know you can too. However, if you feel you have a strong case, then do speak to your GP. It might be worth having a look on our NHS section also for some of the girls stories who have gone through it this way.

All our love and support :)
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 21st February 2014, 9:57 am

Hi welcome to Breast. Buddies Mhboobjob. wavey  ,
Charli and everyone has already offered  you lots off advice so nothing much to add other than you may want to pop a post in the Newbies say hello section where everyone can welcome you.
For support and advice you have came to the right place, we have a lovely bunch of ladies here &  there's always someone  around to help & advise you where they can.
Good luck with your GP appointment. X
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Ind94 21st February 2014, 2:00 pm

have you spoke to your parents/family or friends hun? I'm the same age as you but thankfully ive finally made my parents understand my feelings and theyre supporting me and financing me which is more than I could have ever asked for! I think the best route would be to talk to your family and try and get them to support you babe xx
Ind94
Ind94
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 254

Back to top Go down

Post by tashab1 28th February 2014, 12:49 pm

Go to the appointment, see what your gp thinks, there really is no harm in trying.  I plucked up the courage to go, for different reasons, I had no breast on one side, and I did get funding.  The worst thing they can say is no! and you are still young so you can try and save x
tashab1
tashab1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 31st May 2014, 8:31 pm

Firstly I know what it's like,  every women on here does.  I remember being 18 and my mum was 34f my sister a 34dd and I was a 34aa. Then age 18 I found chicken fillets and was a size 34b with them in. My mum once said 'I don't know why you bother buying bras you have nothing to put in them'. When I was 23 I had my son, breastfed and loved my boobs but after I stopped I wore fillets again. At 30 I had my daughter,  got divorced, so she's my last baby. When I finished breastfeeding I was determined not to lose my breasts again.  So age 33 my grandmother gave me 1.5k towards it. I love them now although my nine yr old said I was fake yesterday,  that hurt
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Lindalocket 25th September 2014, 4:12 pm

If having boobs solved all the problems we would all be very happy ladies! I had my surgery when I was 19 for the exact same reasons of feeling really self conscious & HATED the way i looked! It wasnt ruining my life but wasn't making me any happier. Anyway I had my surgery 2 and a half years ago, although i LOVED my boobs it didnt take away all the other insecurity's i had about myself, still felt ugly & fat lol  & I know im not the biggest person in the world. Im a size 10 but as a woman we all get the "fat ugly days". I honestly thought by having implants would make me see myself in a different light but it doesn't. I am now two and a half years down the line, and have a ruptured implant... The only part of my body that I actually liked has failed! Im having a revision next week, but the moral of the story is you really really need to think of the psychological effects of having a B/A. You think all will be good when you wake up with big boobs but it doesnt fix everything & you need to be in a stable financial position for the rest of your life just in case. SAVE SAVE save every month for the future.
Lindalocket
Lindalocket
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by happygal15 25th October 2017, 11:40 am

Hi there. Any update regarding your BA so far? Did it turned out good? I too had the same dilemma for years. I finally reached a conclusion to get a breast augmentation done. I told myself: You’ve got one life to live, so why pine for something if you can have it already? Now i'm glad I did it! I like to give credit to my good surgeon in Manila, Dr Rino Lorenzo for helping me achieve very nice result- natural looking breasts. I also am grateful to my hubby for being supportive always. I feel so lucky!
happygal15
happygal15
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum