Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gutted - confused

+6
greenbean1
tinkerbell24
krizzooo1
Boney1992
COOKIE
Moomins
10 posters

Go down

Gutted - confused  Empty Gutted - confused

Post by Moomins 28th January 2014, 2:02 pm

Am booked next week for uplift/ba in one procedure.

However having seeing my surgeon again today he still thinks I'm better going for a staged procedure (we discussed this before & I decided I wanted one stage).
He thinks after a while my breast may begin to drop off the implant whereas if I did two stage he could do a proper lift then put in implant 6 mths later.
Price isn't a issue a he negotiated a discount with the hospital so difference is only £400.

Based on his advice we've change to two stage but I feel like I'm now going for surgery that isn't going to give he the results I want. Or not at least straight away. 
I can understand his reasons / my breasts are droopy & have skin

I don't know what to do. Should I get a third opinion (saw a different consultant prior to this one who didn't mention 2 stage, however I have emailed him since and he said he does agree a more predictable outcome with 2 stage) 

Erkkkkkk ahhhhhhhhh 
Confused xxx
Moomins
Moomins
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 222

Back to top Go down

Gutted - confused  Empty Re: Gutted - confused

Post by COOKIE 28th January 2014, 2:12 pm

Recent studies have proved that a one stage procedure holds no more risk than two, see [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Its entirely up to you what you want to do Moomins, your surgeon is only doing what he feels is best for 'you' and like everything some people don't fair well with change and if a two stage procedure is their preferred way of doing things then they tend to carry on with what 'they' think is best rather than taking in new research.

You can print if the information in the link to the research I'd you like and and maybe discuss it with your surgeon? Or you could do as you say and seek another opinion or if you feel happy with this surgeons suggestion just go with that... Its your body babe and you have to feel 199% comfortable with what you feel is right for it. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Boney1992 28th January 2014, 2:15 pm

I'd get a second opinion babe, I'm having uplift and BA in 1 procedure and my surgeon seemed happy and positive about doing so.. xx
Boney1992
Boney1992
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1513

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 28th January 2014, 2:42 pm

I have read this thinking....What would I do ?

I am not going to be helpful as I really do not know what I would do......  shrug  If you are entirely confident in his advice / decision....  my answer would be go with him but I can fully appreciate this would not provide the result you want at THIS time and it would feel annoying to then have to wait...... for the implants.....at a later date.

Gosh what a tricky one hun .... There is as said the option of yet another opinion. To help you make a final decision.

How droopy/empty are your breasts, you definitely need lift?

aaaaaaaaagh sorry I am not much help, I didn't wanna read and run xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 28th January 2014, 2:48 pm

hmmm tricky indeed, not sure what I would be like as I just needed implants as there was zilch there lol so no upift needed

as for waiting on results thats a patience game as Im still waiting xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by greenbean1 28th January 2014, 4:07 pm

Hi moomins, just to say that my work friend chose to have her uplift separately before her BA giving her time to heal. She was recommended to do this by her surgeon, Ben Chew at Nuffield, Glasgow. He felt she would achieve a better, longer lasting result that way. This was over a year ago, she is v happy with them. Good luck xxDi
greenbean1
greenbean1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Moomins 28th January 2014, 4:20 pm

Thanks ladies
I do trust my surgeon & I think what green bean said above is the same view as my surgeon.
He says the bigger the droop the more the need to do two stage - unfortunately mine is moderate so he thinks I'm better this was and the results will b better.
I think if I got a third opinion I would still worry that this surgeon was right and if anything went wrong I would be damning myself for not listening!!! Lol
I'm just gutted that if I go down this route I'm not seeing the results I want
Xx
Moomins
Moomins
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 28th January 2014, 4:27 pm

If you are 100% on your surgeon, I would be inclined to go with his advice if he thinks it will get you the best possible result.
The other option being to have more consultations and get more opinions. Wish I could be of more help. Hug  XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 28th January 2014, 4:31 pm

You will see the results you are after, just not straight away, if this is going to be the best option for you and as you say you trust your surgeon , just waiting that little bit longer in getting the result you are after will be worth it!    Hug XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Back to top Go down

Post by Moomins 28th January 2014, 5:00 pm

I think your right mirren - just need to get my head round doing it this way / wine tonite I think!!! 

Thank you ladies - so glad of this site

Thanks green bean - nice to know of someone else who had their procedures this way
Xxx
Moomins
Moomins
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 28th January 2014, 5:07 pm

Hey Di .... that is great that you know someone who is HAPPY to have gone down the 2 stage route....even if it takes time to get there............ You WILL be happy moomins, just a little later than you hoped perhaps.

x
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by greenbean1 28th January 2014, 5:56 pm

My work friend said she didn't question the advice of separate procedures as she trusted her surgeon completely plus it suited her to have a longer timescale. I personally think if u really feel confident in your surgeon, to go with his advice. XxDi
greenbean1
greenbean1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Moomins 28th January 2014, 6:07 pm

Just starting reading up on uplifts & it can make your breast size decrease?!!!!
Moomins
Moomins
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 29th January 2014, 11:24 am

Moomins wrote:Just starting reading up on uplifts & it can make your breast size decrease?!!!!
The uplift will decrease your bust size , removing tissue but forming a nicer pert shape the 2nd part of the procedure with implant will then increase the bust size to bigger version of the newly formed pert boobs. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Back to top Go down

Post by Moomins 29th January 2014, 3:33 pm

Ok I still don't know what to do.

Technically I'm booked for surgery next week but not certain on procedure. The secretary has chased me today for a decision.

My husband thinks I should go with his advice but my worry is that I'm not sure I will emotionally cope with waking up from a big operation with just an uplift and not the boobs that I wanted. I'm not sure that I will just wake up with scars and cry 

However I don't want to just think fk it and go one stage and regret it ......
Has anyone else here had a big droop & lift & implants been ok say a year later with no problens 

Xxx
Moomins
Moomins
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Boney1992 29th January 2014, 3:37 pm

Honey - If I still unsure about the doing so, personally I wouldn't be doing anything until I was positive and 100% sure it was the right thing!! Obviously not for me to say anything because the decision is yours, but I'd go for it in one! Xx
Boney1992
Boney1992
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Boney1992 29th January 2014, 3:38 pm

If I was unsure about doing so.......*****
Boney1992
Boney1992
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by adeledoublel 29th January 2014, 4:05 pm

i think you need more time to think ...i would do what he says ,but hey we girls want it and want it all nnnnnoooow!!!!
adeledoublel
adeledoublel
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 30th January 2014, 8:15 am

Moomins... I'm having it done in one and my boobs are very droopy. I personally don't want to go through two surgeries and two lots of recovery. Plus I have only been recommended small implants. I think personally you should put it on hold until you are totally sure what you want. I too was told two stage but then I met Mr Liew :))))) good luck in what you decide sweetie x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by Moomins 4th February 2014, 12:16 pm

Hi - just thought I would update on my dilemma!!
I have cancelled my op this week as I don't think I would be happy doing the procedure in two stages & waking up with just an uplift was not what I intended! 

So ....... Have booked another consultation next month with a different surgeon .
Although my previous surgeon would do my op in one stage I want a surgeon who thinks I'm going to get good results with one stage. 

Sharon ... Thanks for your post , seems like you were in same position as me . Would be good to keep in touch of both of ours progress!! 

Can't wait now til next month ..... I have the money waiting & I just wanna get my boobs done!!! Lol
Xxxxx
Moomins
Moomins
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 4th February 2014, 12:42 pm

Moomins I think your being really sensible sweetie. Its a big op and you've gotta be 110% sure. I'm really glad your getting another consultation. Yes, would be nice to keep in touch although I have like FOREVER before my time comes. Hope you get the positive outcome that you want sweetie.... x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 4th February 2014, 10:52 pm

Good luck with your consultation! Let us know how you get on huni. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Back to top Go down

Post by stephnoel 5th June 2014, 3:43 pm

hi girls  im new here and i did try to send a pm but couldnt just a msg to boney1992 was wondering if this was ur  first op as i reli want to go to ur size but not sure if it would be dangerous ie bottoming out on first op im 34b so not small size 10/12 thanks steph x
stephnoel
stephnoel
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down