Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In denial or just a scaredy-cat???

+5
mirren001
msc2013
mrsball
COOKIE
Bigange1
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In denial or just a scaredy-cat??? Empty In denial or just a scaredy-cat???

Post by Bigange1 14th January 2014, 5:45 pm

So last year I had a few consultations & was told various things. I saw one at transform that said I need a full uplift, saw one at mya that said I need a full uplift but could get away without if I have a big implant (not happy with this), saw 2 at surgicare that both suggested nipple lift, & then a private one that suggested nipple lift. Anyway, had to put it off for a while but have started my search again this week. Been to mya today to see mr mounir who I really liked, but he's said I need a full uplift! I really don't like the idea of a full uplift, don't mind the idea of just a nipple lift but a full uplift scares me for some reason. I'm going to see mr persico tomorrow & am hoping he'll say just a nipple lift. I just don't know what to do, has anybody else has this problem? I'm really tempted to just go with one of the surgeons that have said nipple lift but then I'm worried I won't be happy with the results! Help me please!!!  shrug
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 218

Back to top Go down

In denial or just a scaredy-cat??? Empty Re: In denial or just a scaredy-cat???

Post by COOKIE 14th January 2014, 6:07 pm

Have you seen any BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeons yet Ange?

Mr Mounir worked for Transform a while back. I point blank refused to allow that man to operate on me. I found he had so little concern for me as a patient and treated me like no more than a piece of meat - he's a vile excuse of a man

Ok that's my rant over about him lol, just brought it all back when I saw his sleazy lil name lol

An uplift is a highly technical procedure Ange and I personally think you're going to wanting to look for the best of the best lovely. That's not to say there aren't great surgeons in the large clinics, of course there are... But, with BAAPS/BAPRAS you have an assurance of their quality if work knowing they are constantly monitored to ensure their work is up to par..

If it were me babe, its these surgeons I would be focusing on. 

If you feel a BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeon costs more money than the big clinics, they don't babe. Once you've sorted all costs and take off the consultation fee from the overall costs it all balances out and with BAAPS surgeons now having the option of ASC insurance they can also provide you with an additional 2 years of aftercare starting 'after' your clinic aftercare runs out for a small fee which is pretty amazing Ange. If the consultation costs are a problem with some charging (£100-£150) which as I said would be refunded if you back if you use the surgeon, but you can see a BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeon for as little as £25 at MyBreast. 

The final decision is yours babe. As admin I'm just passing on what I feel would be the best option sweetie. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th January 2014, 8:45 pm

I agree see a bapas registered surgeon Hun, either a spire, Nuffield or bmi hospital. Or private hospital. 
X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigange1 14th January 2014, 8:49 pm

Aw thanks cookie. Think I just like everyone that's nice to me, that's my problem. The private surgeon that I went to see is a member of BAPRAS, a mr syed nadir ali, he told me a nipple lift would be suitable, really liked him & he seemed very thorough. The only thing that put me off was that he said if any problems occured afterwards then he would see me free of charge but I would have to pay for anything used like anaesthetic. He said that he was sure this wouldn't happen but you just never know do you. Think I'm gonna cross mr. mounir off my list now anyway, haha. Thanks for the heads up xx
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigange1 14th January 2014, 8:51 pm

Thanks mrs ball, just don't know what to do for the best when you get different opinions do you. Hoping mr persico will help me decide tomorrow xx
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th January 2014, 8:57 pm

What hospital was that at Hun with mr Ali? 

Yes lots of different opinions it's who you feel most. Omfortable with and who you feel you'd want to operate on you and will give you the best result. 

X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigange1 14th January 2014, 9:14 pm

It was at the bridgewater hospital in manchester. Have you ever heard of him or anything like that before? xx
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 14th January 2014, 9:27 pm

Every hospital and surgeon has their own aftercare , typically complications are covered For free, however I think it's the discression of the surgeon hospital as to what other fees are covered. 

Hopefully cookie can elaborate more on after are policies especially the new 2yr for bapas registered surgeons x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by msc2013 14th January 2014, 10:06 pm

I would still suggest Garrick Georgeu .. have a look at his pictures .. he does alot of reconstruction/revisions too on others that have gone wrong and his pics of what he has put right are amazing .. he's at the Cadogan Clinic or Aururo
msc2013
msc2013
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 109

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th January 2014, 10:37 pm

You generally find those surgeons who are 'independent' which it does seem as I've never heard of a 'clinic' by that name do essentially have less aftercare to offer. They simply can't afford to offer the kind of aftercare that the clinics do, but if you liked him, its worth googling to try and find out if he does work for any clinics. These do tend to offer a better 'package' 

Also as mrs suggested if you see any BAAPS surgeon (not BAPRAS) do ask if they've opted into the ASC scheme. This scheme a small fee allows for you to have 'full' aftercare cover for two years which starts 'after' any aftercare provided either privately or through a clinic runs out. 

Its VERY worth calling clinics such as spire who often do open evenings Ange, because they only use BAAPS/BAPRAS surgeons and have some of the top surgeons in the country on their books and during these open evenings it gives you the opportunity of a free mini consultation with a great surgeon! 

So do make use of that and give them a call babe its really worth it.

I hope you find the other surgeon you liked though through a clinic. That would just be perfect for you wouldn't it hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigange1 15th January 2014, 12:59 pm

I can't seem to find him linked to any big companies, also can't find any pics of work that he's done & forgot to ask him while I was there! I just don't know what to do, had another consultation today & was told I need a full uplift. I know a lot of ladies on here have had a full uplift & are really happy with the results, but I just can't get my head around it for some reason! Don't know if to just go & see the surgeon again that I liked last year & go for the nipple lift! Just can't make my mind up!!! Haha. I looked up spire & they have got an open day near me not too far from now, just don't know if that'll leave me even more confused. God I'm so indecisive!!! xx
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th January 2014, 1:13 pm

There's no rush is there Ange. I know you're excited to have this done, but I also know you want the best look for you body.

The Spire open evening isn't too far away as you've said yourself. So why not just wait a little while, this will also give you a bit of time to 'think' - do you really want to rush and take short cuts, or do you want to ensure this is a surgery that's not going to result in possible revision later if you're not happy. 

See the surgeon from Spire hun. You KNOW you're going to see a good surgeon, so take their opinion away and give it further thought from there and then decide what you want to do.

If a full anchor lift is what's going to give you the best from this surgery you have nothing to fear Ange. Its going to take a year for scars to heal, but that's the same for any scar, but if you get a 'good job' it'll be the last surgery you'll have until you need to change your implants again. 

If its the wrong decision, you could have a larger result of what you have right now with maybe a raised nipple height. 

Take your time hun. I really cannot stress the importance of choosing wisely when having this surgery, especially for those who require any kind of lift before your scars are right there for all to see.

What you do is completely your decision and whatever that is you know you'll get 100% support babe! I'm just advising through my experiencing and having suffered things going wrong all because of the mistake I made in the first instance which led to years if further surgery to make them right. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigange1 15th January 2014, 1:34 pm

aw thanks cookie, you're a great help. i think i will go along to the open evening & see what they say & then make my mind up. think i know what they're gonna say but just don't want to hear it! haha. xx
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 15th January 2014, 1:37 pm

great advise from cookie, can I just ask though what's the fear of the full uplift hun? x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigange1 15th January 2014, 1:41 pm

I think it's the scarring & the thought that the bottom half of my bust will be fully opened up (if you get what I mean). I know it sounds really silly, just need to get my head round it xx
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 15th January 2014, 1:47 pm

aww hun, the scarring will be fine. scars can practically fade to nothing and if its going to give you the best result try not to think about the way its done. just concentrate that thats going to give you some amazing boobies!!! 
xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 15th January 2014, 2:45 pm

Hiya,
It must be scary starting off exploring having a BA only to be told your'e now looking at having and uplift.
As a few surgeons are recommending uplift ,it looks like that's going to have to be the route you are going to have to take to get the best possible result ( a nipple lift will only raise the nipple a cm or so and can sometimes just end up stretching the nipple/ areola rather than raising very much ). I have nipples that are a little lower than I would like and asked my PS about nipple lift he said he only used it to correct asymmetry as results for nipple lift can be short lasting and often require a full lift at a later date.
As Cookie says take sometime out to get your head round having the uplift and then start from scratch looking into finding the best surgeon for your op, your'e going to want someone that does uplifts regularly and has the best qualifications to do them.
To have a BA with nipple lift it's more than likely that you will have to have an uplift in the future so worthwhile investing a little more 1st time round and getting it right.
I haven't had an uplift and can understand your fear of scarring , I have however seen a few picture trails  and to be honest the early post op pics look awful but once healed any scarring is almost invisible and the results are truly amazing. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 15th January 2014, 9:52 pm

Aww it's totally normal to feel worried hun, it's a big thing you are looking at doing. you've had some great advise so far, Spire are offering free mini-consultations with cosmetic surgeons in January, so get yourself a good few consultations under your belt then use all that advise to do what you thinks best for you... And keep us updated of course :) xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigange1 16th January 2014, 9:38 am

Aw thanks for all your help ladies, really appreciate the female non biased support. That makes a lot of sense when you put it like that mirren, looks like I'm gonna have to put it off for a while longer & get saving for an uplift, gives me chance to adapt to the idea aswell, haha. But yeah I think I'll defo go along to spire & see what they say. I've looked up garricks work & it does look good but is he only based in london? Don't really want to travel too far because I'm guessing the journey home would be very uncomfortable! xx
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 20th January 2014, 11:00 am

Hiya has anyone suggested somewhere in between like a lollipop lift? I was surprised when I was told I needed an uplift and it took a while to get used to it but I knew that's what I needed for the best results. I can't recommend Mrs Kat enough. She is a total genius in what she has created for me. She's in Birmingham so not too far from you

Good luck with your journey xx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigange1 20th January 2014, 12:57 pm

Hi Lisa! No, nobodys mentioned a lollipop lift at all! I'm starting to get my head around it a bit more now (still don't really like it though, haha). Just means I'll have to put it off a while with the procedure being a lot dearer with a lift aswell. How are your scars looking if you don't mind me asking? xx
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 20th January 2014, 2:23 pm

Lias6246 wrote:Hiya has anyone suggested somewhere in between like a lollipop lift? I was surprised when I was told I needed an uplift and it took a while to get used to it but I knew that's what I needed for the best results. I can't recommend Mrs Kat enough. She is a total genius in what she has created for me. She's in Birmingham so not too far from you

Good luck with your journey xx
Hi Lias  wavey 
Your pictrail  was the one I was referring to in my post when saying saying to bigange  the results were truly amazing....lol XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigange1 20th January 2014, 2:40 pm

It must be fate! Haha. Lisa would you mind if I have a nosey at your pics plz? xx
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SharonM 22nd January 2014, 8:32 am

Hi Ange... have you considered Mr Liew? I will be booking with him when I have my uplift and BA. I saw him through MyBreast last year. I saw him Fairfield Hospital St Helens and its in a lovely setting to. I too like you am scared BUT I know its the best procedure for me that will give the BEST results. My head was battered just like yours in the beginning because one said he'd do it in one, the other in 2 stages so I opted for a third consultation and that's when I found Mr Liew. He is very direct and doesn't beat around the bush, which is what I liked about him. Im planning to have op in November so it gives me time to save the £6000.

I truly hope you find your perfect surgeon sweetie... that's half the battle !x
SharonM
SharonM
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 480

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigange1 29th January 2014, 2:47 pm

Thanks sharon. No I hadn't thought of mr liew, theres so many different surgeons isnt there. There was a private surgeon I saw that I mentioned on an earlier post, mr nadir ali, I quite liked him & hes bapras registered which is a bonus! Didnt think he worked for any of the big companies but then noticed somebody on the forum is having him through transform! Only thing is Ive been to transform twice already & nobody has ever got back to me when they said they would!!! xx
Bigange1
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next