Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

uplift dressing

+2
COOKIE
Sjelly
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

uplift dressing Empty uplift dressing

Post by Sjelly 14th November 2013, 1:28 pm

Hi everyone. I had my uplift, fat transfer (left) and reduction (right) yesterday. I was wondering how long I should keep the dressing on. Today the nurse said she would like to take it off for me to be familiar with and get me in a sports bra. The doctor said I can stay in my dressing and get in my bra tomorrow.

I should probably give them a call but feeling a bit sick atm, was hoping for some input from you guys. Do I take the dressing off tomorrow and wear a bra alone? The thought makes me cringe because it's stinging and all cut up.

Also, how often should I check my nipples? I've been poked and prodded several times I think to check the temperature and to see if the nipples are protruding. In all honesty I cant remember well because i kept dropping off, so could do with some advice please x
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 83

Back to top Go down

uplift dressing Empty Re: uplift dressing

Post by COOKIE 14th November 2013, 1:56 pm

Congrats on the surgery babe dance 

Generally the dressings are left on for on average about a week. This is so the wounds aren't disturbed at all and are given good time to heal, so I personally wouldn't remove the dressings yourself lovely and would leave that to your surgeon. Everyone I've known to have had a lift wears their sports bras over their dressings.

You don't need to check your nipples are 'protruding' babe, they should be able to be seen through the dressings. Surgeons generally cut a hole or an X in the dressings so the nipples can be seen through... You need to just ensure the nipple is a good colour sweetheart and once a day is fine. If the nipple starts turning black this would be reason for concern but if they're pinky blue at first that's perfectly fine. Very often nipples get bruised during a lift, mine almost looked black but it was fine after being checked, so just ensure the colour looks good sweetie. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 14th November 2013, 1:59 pm

For me, I had to leave my dressing on for a week, then the nurse removed and re-dressed with steri strip at my first check up. You shouldnt really be removing the dressing yourself, especially after one day. Any exposure to the air will increase the chance of infection. I would definitely give your nurse a call and ask her.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 14th November 2013, 3:07 pm

Thank you Cookie and for the advice Charlii. That's worrying - I don't know why I was told to remove it tomorrow and get in a bra. I've got the two holes cut out for my nipples and they are purpley/pinky/ grey coloured. I willl give them a call in a bit. My trouble is, I keep falling asleep haha. One of the nipples oozing a bit of blood and it keeps attaching to the dressing which is making it sting quite a bit. I don't want dressing fluff to get stuck in it. Do you think I should wear my m&s zip bra now?
X
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th November 2013, 3:16 pm

I think you should call and ask for your 'surgeons' advise babe.

Your nipples are a good colour so that's all fine and don't worry about the oozing. That's all normal.

Don't worry about the dressings attaching to the oozing either hun. Its best to leave well alone and not to disturb the wound at all. If you try and remove the dressings from the wounds it will sting babe and you'll open the wound again, so I'd personally leave that be.

Its possible as your surgeon wanted you in a bra today that they'll tell you to just pop it on over the dressings. Once you're in your bra you'll probably find you're a lot more comfortable too then. 

Did you stay overnight in hospital Sjelly? Did they give you a number for the ward you could call?

It really is best that you get advise from your surgeon babe. Especially as your surgery involved reconstruction with the fat transfer also... I wouldn't want to offer any advise on something I know nothing at all about sweetheart. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 14th November 2013, 3:24 pm

Thanks for all the info and yes I stayed overnight. They didn't give me a number to call and I didn't see the surgeon who did the op, but one of the doctors with him. I will phone the hospital now and hopefully be put through to the ward. Thanks again for the info, you're always so helpful. Xx
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th November 2013, 3:26 pm

You're welcome babe.Hug 

Please let us know how you get on. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 14th November 2013, 3:49 pm

Just gave them a call and nurse said to take them off and that I shouldn't have more oozing after 24 hours. She said its a pressure dressing so its to support my breasts. I don't feel comfortable removing them yet, so will ask my mum to help tomorrow. She said she doesnt want me wearing them too long. I really don't understand in all honesty tho... I have another appointment in a week to change dressing. Very confused as to why I have to take all off to go back again and get it changed after being without it for nearly a week. Lol. Or maybe it's just a progress check with a nurse.
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th November 2013, 4:44 pm

Hmmmm that does sound wrong doesn't it.

The advise she gave about coming back after a week to 'change your dressings' is the general advise we all have.

I'd personally call your GP tomorrow hun as you're being treated through the NHS and tell them you've been told some dressings need removing but as you only had surgery two days ago you're not well enough to get out to see the nurse so get them to arrange a nurse to visit you at home.

You really shouldn't have to be dealing with removal of dressings from fresh wounds at just one day post-op lovely. The risk of infection is so high and everything used to remove the dressings should really be sterile. Its bad really how they've just discharged and left you to it isn't it. As you say you don't fully understand the instruction given either as it contradicts itself shrug 

I think that would be the best thing for you Sjelly. Use all the resources the NHS has to offer and get a nurse to come see to your dressings at home. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 14th November 2013, 6:48 pm

That does sound odd. Even for hubby's knee op we had to leave the dressings on a week before changing them. I'd go with what cookie says though, get a professional to help you with it to keep it sterile.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 14th November 2013, 8:42 pm

I will give a call tomorrow then. My mum said no way should I be taking it off tomorrow and she used to be doc, but will definitely give them a call because they haven't told me much and in between throwing up and falling asleep every hour I didn't think to ask many questions. Thanks for the advice :)
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th November 2013, 9:30 pm

Yes, it does seem really odd that they'd want you to remove dressings from fresh wounds in non-sterile conditions. I think you're right to call and get it sorted lovely, they shouldn't just be leaving you to it like this. Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amyblue500 15th November 2013, 3:15 pm

Hmmm I am a DN and I remove dressings for patients all the time... very simple ones too far more simple than you have said you have on. I am usually contacted prior to a patients discharge to let me know what day the dressings need removing, its odd you are expected to do it yourself! Whilst its not exactly rocket science technically it makes many patients feel unwell plus we have the experience to assess the wound that you wouldn't. What could panic you could be perfectly normal and you could miss a sign of infection which is always good to get on top of right away. If you are unwell and unable to leave the house ask for a DN visit, that's what we are there for :ok:
amyblue500
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 15th November 2013, 5:36 pm

Ooh thank you both. I gave my gp practice a call and was told to call the hospital as they don't have enough information. I called the ward and they said they would call me back after they look up my notes... so I rang two hours later and just asked for advice. I peeled it all off and they said I can have a shower too because the purple glue is all waterproof. It has made me feel pretty sick tbh because it was exhausting. My mum thinks I should have fresh dressing on it though..

Pretty pleased with the uplift even tho they look very small ive never seen them so high up and pert. Really happy
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 15th November 2013, 5:59 pm

I felt light headed just taking my dressings off the crease incision so doing that after your op I don't blame you for feeling sick!! Really hope you feel better soon and really glad your happy so far with the result! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th November 2013, 6:20 pm

Don't worry about showering with the waterproof dressings babe, you'll be just fine and no need for dressings on those... I do however agree with Amy that your wound should have been assessed and its pretty poor how they've left you to it like this so its little wonder you felt a little queezy, I think two days post-op any one of us would hun Hug 

But its done now and you can just get on and enjoy your recovery babe.

Don't worry about them looking small, because what you're looking at isn't your final result. I know you didn't have an implant but the skin is very taut after a lift and when it relaxes and allows the breast to take on its natural form they will fill out babe.

When are you going back to be seen sweetie? X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 16th November 2013, 11:46 am

I do hope they fill out, but at least now they are more equal in size.. I do need to buy new sports bras in a B or a C which was unexpected because everything was decided in surgery (I thought he would only fill out left to match the right) so none of these new bras fit me now I'm smaller, but still so so happy they look 'normal' and not droopy. I've never had them looking like this.

I will be seen again on Thursday to check wounds and seen by surgeon in up to 8 weeks if they can get me an appointment. They were having a bit of trouble with booking through the online system so i think I have to call up Xx
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th November 2013, 12:00 pm

I lived with severe asymmetry for only a few months when I had a reaction to a rupture Sjelly and it devasted me. 'I' literally felt like a freak and I can't even go on to expain how much it affected my head space...

This was just a short while for me and I know how happy I felt to 'come back' to what 'I' felt was normally... So I have only a taste if how you're feeling sweetheart and can only imagine its that's feeling times ten for you now. I so happy for you hun, I really am.  Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 16th November 2013, 1:12 pm

Thanks Cookie. It was difficult to deal with it not only being asymmetric but also tubular, especially during my teens. I couldn't even look at it for years because I just couldn't accept it was part of me.

It's strange because the surgeon said my right breast was double the size of left even though the bodyscan showed only 11% asymmetry which he said there is no way that is true. It definitely made me question the results that were given to me..mI'm just happy I've had the first stage over and done with. Really a huge relief it's unbelievable.
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th November 2013, 1:19 pm

Yes, mine had doubled in size. It was so awful.

What's the next step for you now then? Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 16th November 2013, 1:39 pm

Sounds terrible especially as it was different to what you were used to. I'm unsure to be honest with you. He said I may need two more surgeries and hasn't decided whether he will give me implants or just do more fat transfers. I will just have to wait and see. Xx
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th November 2013, 3:14 pm

Ahhhh, well you're happy 'now' and that's more than amazing isn't it babe, so what comes next can only be an improvement on amazing Stars  Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 16th November 2013, 9:37 pm

That's true. Will feel better and more appreciative once I am rid of this virus though. Have been coughing and feeling so ill since I've been out, I thought it was part of the side effects from GA, but looks like im ill. Oddly the pain in my breasts and legs are nothing in comparison to the flu-y symptoms
Sjelly
Sjelly
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th November 2013, 10:01 pm

Oh that sucks for sure babe there, there  Having a cough on its own it terribly hard just after surgery. You must be holding onto your boobs for dear life! Lol.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Sjelly. Xxxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sjelly 17th November 2013, 12:52 pm

Yeah i am haha but seem to be feeling more and more sick. Thank you, Cookie. xx
Sjelly