Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not BA but money spent that will spice up sex life

3 posters

Go down

Not BA but money spent that will spice up sex life Empty Not BA but money spent that will spice up sex life

Post by COOKIE 10th October 2013, 10:13 pm

Boob jobs DO perk up your sex life - but it's the money spent (not the bra size) that gives a boost in the bedroom, claims psychologist

Rather than increased body confidence, it is the fact a woman has spent money on herself that gives her a boost in the bedroom, says professor

'Our good feeling is increased because of the effort, not the thing itself,' says psychologist Tomi-Ann Roberts

Women who get breast implants do have improved sex lives - but not for the reason they might think, a psychologist has claimed.

Instead of having increased body confidence, it is the fact a woman has spent money on herself that gives her a boost in the bedroom, says Tomi-Ann Roberts, a professor of psychology at Colorado College.
'When we have exerted a great effort, spent a great deal of money and effort and time on something, we tend to justify that effort,' she said. 'Our good feeling is increased because of the effort, not the thing itself.'

Professor Roberts was speaking following a study by Brazilian researchers which found that
women experienced a significant boost to their arousal and sexual satisfaction following the procedure.
The study involved 45 women who planned to undergo breast implant surgery.

Researcher Dr. Paulo Guimaraes and colleagues asked the women to fill out a questionnaire before the surgery that assessed their sexual desire, arousal and sexual satisfaction. Patients were then asked to retake the questionnaire at two, four and 18 months after surgery.

Nine women with stretch marks following their plastic surgery did not report any improvement. Stretch marks can occur if the implant is significantly larger than the original breast was, according to the ASPS.
But the 36 women who did not develop stretch marks after surgery said they had experienced improved levels of arousal and were more satisfied with their sex lives. They reported this improvement at both four and 18 months following surgery.

Commenting on the findings, Professor Roberts said: 'Here are 45 women who spent a great deal of time and money and effort augmenting their breasts because the media has clearly convinced them their breasts are inadequate.so we shouldn't be surprised they are pleased with the breast augmentation.'

But other experts argue post-surgery confidence in the bedroom is because a woman now feels that her outward body now fits her inward persona

Professor Roberts, who is also a member of the American Psychological Association's task force on the sexualisation of girls, added she wasn't surprised that women felt more attractive in the bedroom after surgery.

'Feminine heterosexuality is very much about our sense of whether or not we are pleasing our partner, and here we have 45 women who have spent a great deal of money to that purpose.

'f these breasts are now pleasing to their male partners, then they are likely to feel more sexually attractive.
'There are a lot of other things breasts are a part of. This is an indication that in our Victoria's Secret culture, breasts are for men. They are for men's pleasure,'
'
But Dr David Reath, chair of the public education committee of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), disagrees.
'When I see patients and follow up, a lot of them will say "My husband and I or my boyfriend and I are having a lot of fun". ' Why not? It's an important part of life,' he said.

'I think that the female breast is a very important part of a woman's body, in terms of how a woman feels about herself in public, how her clothes fit and how she feels about herself sexually.
'It's very common for a woman post-surgery to say she feels more confident, that her outward body now fits her inward persona.'

'[The study] found that in the areas of both sexual satisfaction and sexual arousal, there were significantly increased feelings,' said These aspects of the sexual experience were increased for these women.'
The findings are to be presented this week at the ASPS annual meeting in San Diego.

Source HERE

Women who get breast implants do have improved sex lives - but not for the reason they might think, a psychologist has claimed.

Instead of having increased body confidence, it is the fact a woman has spent money on herself that gives her a boost in the bedroom, says Tomi-Ann Roberts, a professor of psychology at Colorado College.
'When we have exerted a great effort, spent a great deal of money and effort and time on something, we tend to justify that effort,' she said. 'Our good feeling is increased because of the effort, not the thing itself.'
What an utter load of b@ll@cks! Rolling Eyes 

Before I had my boobs done I would literally spend an absolute fortune on myself to 'try' and make myself feel good and to help compensate for what I felt was my own inadequacies.

After my BA, I can pop on a vest that cost next to nothing and feel like a million pounds!

'f these breasts are now pleasing to their male partners, then they are likely to feel more sexually attractive.
'There are a lot of other things breasts are a part of. This is an indication that in our Victoria's Secret culture, breasts are for men. They are for men's pleasure,' she said.
I'm thinking this psychologist needs serious help! Shocked  lol.

My husband was very disapproving of me having a BA. I went ahead regardless because it was something I was doing for ME, not for HIM!

That's not to say I didn't want him to find them desirable after surgery, of course I did! But not because I had bigger boobs! .

My husbands opinion: he liked them before... He likes them now, but not because they're augmented, but because they're a part of ME and that was just the response I was hoping for!

She needs to listen to the actual surgeons who are telling her the TRUTH! Rolling Eyes 

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Not BA but money spent that will spice up sex life Empty Re: Not BA but money spent that will spice up sex life

Post by IsabellExpat 10th October 2013, 10:25 pm

Can it even be called a study when it's only 45 womans taking part?!
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Not BA but money spent that will spice up sex life Empty Re: Not BA but money spent that will spice up sex life

Post by COOKIE 10th October 2013, 10:27 pm

Aparantly so Isabell! Its just whacko isn't it Screwy 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IsabellExpat 10th October 2013, 10:31 pm

Yes it is. She just want's to provoke to get attention, that's what I think.
I don't think even the persons that are against BA would have thoughts in this direction.
IsabellExpat
IsabellExpat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 930

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th October 2013, 10:35 pm

IsabellExpat wrote:Yes it is. She just want's to provoke to get attention, that's what I think.
I don't think even the persons that are against BA would have thoughts in this direction.
Yup... Gotta agree babe yes 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 11th October 2013, 10:05 am

But its science, it must be true...Screwy 

I have to admit I agree with the statement 'the outward body fits the inward persona'...but its BS that its the money thats done it. Its not the cash, its the reward that it brings from finally feeling feminine, and looking like the woman you should be. I definately feel sexier, but thats purely coz of the boobs.

And re men - My hubby was also against it, he loved me then, he loves me now. Even my ex was like 'well yeh, they look great, but I liked you with small boobs so...'

Utter nonsense
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down