Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breast feeding after implants won't cause sagging

+3
Lias6246
Becciann84
COOKIE
7 posters

Go down

Breast feeding after implants won't cause sagging  Empty Breast feeding after implants won't cause sagging

Post by COOKIE 10th October 2013, 9:47 pm

THURSDAY, Oct. 10 (HealthDay News) -- Women with breast implants shouldn't worry that breast-feeding will cause sagging, according to a new study.

Many women worry that breast-feeding could change the appearance of their breasts, "particularly after they invested in a breast augmentation," said study author Dr. Norma Cruz, a professor of plastic surgery at the University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine in San Juan.

The study of nearly 120 mothers with breast implants found that breast-feeding was not a significant risk factor for breast sagging. "Women are free to breast-feed without the concern of affecting the appearance of their breast augmentation," Cruz said. Since nursing is beneficial for a mother's and child's overall health, it's important to convey this message to new mothers, she said.

Another study in women without breast implants also showed breast-feeding was not a significant risk factor for breast sagging, she added.

The results of the new study were scheduled for presentation Thursday at the meeting of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, in San Diego.

Dr. Jeffrey Salomon, an assistant clinical professor of plastic surgery at Yale University School of Medicine, said breast implants do not interfere with a women's ability to breast-feed. The implants are placed under the breast gland, either above or under the pectoralis muscle, he said.

"There is no disruption of the breast gland or the milk ducts to the nipple in either instance," Salomon said.

The most common cause of sagging breasts are breast changes after pregnancy, Salomon said. "These changes are related to the diminished production of the hormones that enlarge the breasts during the pregnancy," he said.

During pregnancy, breast tissue is engorged and expanded. After childbirth, the levels of these hormones are vastly reduced and the breasts deflate, resulting in sagging, Salomon said.

For the study, Cruz compared changes in breast measurements of 57 women with implants who breast-fed for more than six months on average with 62 similar women who didn't breast-feed. Measurements were taken before pregnancy and one year after pregnancy or one year after completing breast-feeding.

Cruz found no significant changes in these measurements or in sagging between women who did or didn't breast-feed.

Although breast measurements and sagging did increase, this was because of changes related to pregnancy, not nursing, she said.

"This study should be comforting to women with implants who decide to breast-feed, and they should rest assured that their risk of postpartum sagging breasts is not significantly different than the degree of breast sagging in breast-augmented women who do not elect to breast-feed," Salomon said.

Findings presented at meetings are considered preliminary until published in a peer-reviewed medical journal.

Source HERE

I've always said that breast feeding ruined my boobs, but after reading this it may be that plain old pregnancy alone ruined them!

Can't say its makes me feel any better to know if I'd bottle fed the same would have happened anyway Hysterical but at least now I know it was 'pregnancy' and not 'breast feeding' for part of my reason for having my BA. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Breast feeding after implants won't cause sagging  Empty Re: Breast feeding after implants won't cause sagging

Post by Becciann84 10th October 2013, 9:52 pm

I always thought this was the case, then got very confused when I came on here & everyone was saying 'I only breast fed for x amount if weeks, but they still sagged' seeing stars 
Some people are really lucky & they stay big after pregnancy... A girl I work with had nothing before her children & now she's an E! & my mum has had 6 children & hers are still really good... Pity she didn't pass that trait on to me! nope  X
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 628

Back to top Go down

Breast feeding after implants won't cause sagging  Empty Re: Breast feeding after implants won't cause sagging

Post by Lias6246 10th October 2013, 10:11 pm

I thought this was the case too but obviously not... My Mums boobs are amazing too after 2 kids. I obviously didn't inherit this! It comes to something when you envy your mum's boobs! X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th October 2013, 10:15 pm

See... My mums boobs are great still too and she never breast fed, same with my sister... Obviously I got my dads genes then *sigghhhhh*

I always thought my boobs looked just like his!
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 10th October 2013, 10:16 pm

Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical 
lOVE that cookie x
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Becciann84 10th October 2013, 10:19 pm

COOKIE wrote:See... My mums boobs are great still too and she never breast fed, same with my sister... Obviously I got my dads genes then *sigghhhhh*

I always thought my boobs looked just like his!
Hysterical Hysterical  Haha oh dear cookie Hysterical 
Well at least they do t look like your dads anymore! Stars X
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th October 2013, 10:21 pm

Noooo thank doG! They look like the buxom 18 year old girls down the road now! Hysterical
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 11th October 2013, 6:42 am

Hysterical Hysterical 
Oh cookie, mine look like the 70 year olds over the road at the moment but give it 19 days and I will be joining you in boobs 10 years my junior!! Cheerleader
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 11th October 2013, 4:30 pm

Hmm I'm not convinced. This could just be more pro-breast feeding propaganda in my opinion. No one would dare say a bad thing about breast feeding as they are desperate to get everyone to do it!

This hasn't changed my opinion at all.

I just don't see how your breasts constantly filling up with, and then being emptied of milk, several times a day over the period of a year or more can be good for the tissue/shape/general appearance.

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 11th October 2013, 5:38 pm

I must admit I do totally agree with 'pregnancy' causing sagging and not 'breastfeeding' - I breastfed 2 children for 4 and 6 months, and do not have any sagging at all - in fact my surgeons at my consultations were surprised that they were (small) but still pert. (And boy did I get engorged when number 2 started sleeping through the night-it was the size of them bad boys that made me 1st want a boob job lol). My sister didn't breastfeed at all, and after 3 pregnancies hers were starting to droop.

Sagging is like stretchmarks, some women get it, some don't. It is important to highlight research like this for the few women that don't breastfeed simply because they don't want the appearance of their breasts to change, when actually the pregnancy alone has already played that role. However, I don't think there are many women who don't breastfeed for this reason alone, and I do feel that a woman's choice in breastfeeding should be respected either way xxx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by blondie12 11th October 2013, 5:49 pm

Very interesting topic. I don't have any kids yet but wondered if I had a baby in few years time, whether it would affect my augmented breasts? Does it vary from one person to another? Will I definitely need a reop or could I be fine? Are there any statistics? xx
blondie12
blondie12
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 883

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 11th October 2013, 5:53 pm

Here here Gleaming I totally agree (and totally understand the boob envy for breastfeeding boobs!) Boobs
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Becciann84 11th October 2013, 6:02 pm

I agree gleaming I also breast fed both of mine fir 6 months & mine aren't saggy either... They've just shrunk from a 34gg (which they went to when I was pregnant, & stayed that size during breast feeding) down to a 30dd/e so are really deflated :'( 
It definitely depends on each person, my mum & my friend I previously mentioned both breasted, & my friend who didn't breast feed ended up with really saggy boobs. So unfortunately you can't guarantee it not happening either way! X
Becciann84
Becciann84
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 11th October 2013, 6:42 pm

I meant I agree with the second paragraph, my boobs are down to the floor after breastfeeding but I agree that I think it's something you get or you don't, my stomach doesn't look like I've had kids as I didn't get any stretch marks I just got the awful boobies! X
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 11th October 2013, 7:32 pm

I didn't breast feed any of my children and my breasts disappeared completely after to AAA nothing, and then after my ba a few years after I had my daughter so was pregnant with my 380cc implants. Again I didn't breast feed (personal choice) and mine changed aesthetically they actaully looked more natural with a big more sag and emptiness. 

So yes I think it's more pregnancy that changes them than breast feeding .
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down