Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Some advice please.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Some advice please.

Post by Bubblegum999 on 6th February 2013, 7:21 pm

I hope you don't mind me posting but I'm really stuck as to what to do next.

I originally went to my GP approx 7 years ago as my breasts were asymmetrical. (2cup sizes different) they sent me to a plastic surgeon who said they could put a breast implant in the larger side. (NHS) The surgeon then spoke to her team who agreed that the best "long term" solution would be to do a breast reduction/ mastopexy on larger side and then implants in both breasts to bring the breasts into proportion with my frame. I had this done in 2007. I then had a total capsulectomy and exchange of implants in 2009 and a total capsulectomy (both breasts), exchange of implants (both) and right side mastopexy jan 2011. I now have grade 3 capsular contractions in both breasts again .

I've been to see my consultant who is suggesting exchange of implants to polyurethane but the pct have refused funding. I am devastated. they are saying there is no clinical need for an exchange of breast implant and have said that I can have the implants removed on the nhs. Ive sent the pct additional information but they are still standing by their decision not to fund.

If I knew then that the nhs were going to effectively "dump" me when a problem arose I would never ever have had the implants in the first place. I would have simply pushed for a breast reduction on my larger side. (This was never discussed as an option in 2006.) I feel sick at the thought of the implants being removed. That would mean I've had 3 operations for nothing. You can imagine the scars on my breasts having had the mastopexy on both sides and the fact I've had 2 total capsulectomy operations would surely mean I have hardly any breast tissue?

Can anyone help? I really don't know what to do. A big part of me wants the implants out but I can't imagine the state of my breasts if I had it done?

Sorry this is long. Has anyone else had surgery on the nhs and have been refused funding for a complication?

X
avatar
Bubblegum999
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Some advice please.

Post by COOKIE on 6th February 2013, 7:34 pm

I actually can't believe you've been refused replacement implants with grade 3 CC? The implants you have should have their own warranty, this has nothing to do with the NHS, the warranty, depending on which implant you have last for 10 years to a lifetime and you would get free replacement implants, so this would be to no cost of the NHS????

Do you know which implants you have Bubblegum?

Who diagnosed the CC?

_______________________________________________
Hello and welcome to BJSF!

Please feel free to PM any of the BJSF team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with any problems or guidance you may need help with on the forum.  



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First BA 2006 460CCs CUIs. Ruptured 2009
Revision with full capsulectomy & uplift 410CCs CUIs 2009
Scar Revision with Lollipop Lift 2011
Scar revision resulting in heamatoma 2012
Capsular Contracture & Seroma 2014


If there's any typos in my post, please don't blame me, blame auto-correct on my Ipad - its VERY naughty!

avatar
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796
Location : North West England

http://Boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Some advice please.

Post by Bubblegum999 on 6th February 2013, 7:42 pm

This operation was done at the queen Victoria hospital by S Orka. He has been amazing but the funding part is out of his hands. He is the one who diagnosed CC. Grade 2 in January 2012 which unfortunately progressed to grade 3 by October 2012. (These implants were done in January 2011) he seems to think I'm prone to CC, having had full capsulectomy in 2009 and Jan 2011 (current implants). My pct are saying that there is no clinical need to have the implants replaced. They will happily fund removal. :(

I have no idea what implants they are, all I know is they aren't pips.

X

avatar
Bubblegum999
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Some advice please.

Post by mais04 on 6th February 2013, 7:53 pm

I really don't know what to advise other than maybe seeing if there's another appeals route you can go down? It sounds like you're being treated terribly and can't believe that grade 3 CC would not be funded! Hope you get it sorted xx
avatar
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816
Location : Hampshire

Back to top Go down

Re: Some advice please.

Post by COOKIE on 6th February 2013, 7:57 pm

The implants will probably have a lifetime replacement warranty hun.

Could you possibly go back to see Mr Orka or do you have Email contact with him?

Maybe because you're considered 'high risk' now for CC they just don't see the point in replacement if you're going to have to continually keep going through this. (Had a full capsulectomy myself hun and know how sore it is Hug )

If you could discuss with Mr Orka the possibility of your implants being replaced with the new 5th generation (gummy bear) implants which have lessened the risk of CC they may well reconsider if you could get a letter of support from him to uphold the theory.

Its worth a try lovely. Xx

_______________________________________________
Hello and welcome to BJSF!

Please feel free to PM any of the BJSF team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with any problems or guidance you may need help with on the forum.  



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First BA 2006 460CCs CUIs. Ruptured 2009
Revision with full capsulectomy & uplift 410CCs CUIs 2009
Scar Revision with Lollipop Lift 2011
Scar revision resulting in heamatoma 2012
Capsular Contracture & Seroma 2014


If there's any typos in my post, please don't blame me, blame auto-correct on my Ipad - its VERY naughty!

avatar
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796
Location : North West England

http://Boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Some advice please.

Post by Bubblegum999 on 6th February 2013, 8:13 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The implants will probably have a lifetime replacement warranty hun.

Could you possibly go back to see Mr Orka or do you have Email contact with him?

Maybe because you're considered 'high risk' now for CC they just don't see the point in replacement if you're going to have to continually keep going through this. (Had a full capsulectomy myself hun and know how sore it is Hug )

If you could discuss with Mr Orka the possibility of your implants being replaced with the new 5th generation (gummy bear) implants which have lessened the risk of CC they may well reconsider if you could get a letter of support from him to uphold the theory.

Its worth a try lovely. Xx

This is the thing, Mr Orka is proposing replacement of implants using ones with a lower risk of CC. ( polyurethane?) it's just my pct will not budge with the funding. The pct say there is no clinical need to replace the implants, they will fund removal but not replacement. It's so frustrating. I honestly wish I had never taken the nhs advice by having implants in the first place. :(
avatar
Bubblegum999
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Some advice please.

Post by COOKIE on 6th February 2013, 8:32 pm

Have you appealed the decision hun?

There actually IS clinical need for replacement due to the pain you're experiencing and obviously Mr Orka saw that need, I'm at a loss to see reason why you have been rejected to be honest lovely so I can quite understand your frustration.

Have you put a lot of emphasis on the pain you're experiencing when you applied for the funding, more so on pain than the CC?

_______________________________________________
Hello and welcome to BJSF!

Please feel free to PM any of the BJSF team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with any problems or guidance you may need help with on the forum.  



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First BA 2006 460CCs CUIs. Ruptured 2009
Revision with full capsulectomy & uplift 410CCs CUIs 2009
Scar Revision with Lollipop Lift 2011
Scar revision resulting in heamatoma 2012
Capsular Contracture & Seroma 2014


If there's any typos in my post, please don't blame me, blame auto-correct on my Ipad - its VERY naughty!

avatar
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796
Location : North West England

http://Boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Some advice please.

Post by kay on 8th February 2013, 9:10 am

I just posted on your other thread x sorry hun x

_______________________________________________
BJSF on Facebook/Twitter
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]








avatar
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668
Location : london

Back to top Go down

Re: Some advice please.

Post by Bubblegum999 on 8th February 2013, 9:36 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Have you appealed the decision hun?

There actually IS clinical need for replacement due to the pain you're experiencing and obviously Mr Orka saw that need, I'm at a loss to see reason why you have been rejected to be honest lovely so I can quite understand your frustration.

Have you put a lot of emphasis on the pain you're experiencing when you applied for the funding, more so on pain than the CC?

There is no appeal process. I sent additional information in after the original funding request was declined and they looked at the new information at their last triage meeting but they still won't budge. I'm off to see my gp next Friday to discuss removal of implants but I still can't get my head round after 3 operations, several scars I am goin to be probably left in a worse situation than when I originally went to my gp in 2006.

I appreciate you replying hun... Thank you. X
No.
avatar
Bubblegum999
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 6
Location : Kent

Back to top Go down

Re: Some advice please.

Post by COOKIE on 8th February 2013, 12:07 pm

Wishing you all the best when you go back to see your GP sweetheart. My heart really does go out to you Hug xx

_______________________________________________
Hello and welcome to BJSF!

Please feel free to PM any of the BJSF team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with any problems or guidance you may need help with on the forum.  



[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First BA 2006 460CCs CUIs. Ruptured 2009
Revision with full capsulectomy & uplift 410CCs CUIs 2009
Scar Revision with Lollipop Lift 2011
Scar revision resulting in heamatoma 2012
Capsular Contracture & Seroma 2014


If there's any typos in my post, please don't blame me, blame auto-correct on my Ipad - its VERY naughty!

avatar
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796
Location : North West England

http://Boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Some advice please.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum