Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anger at the end of breast implant claim.

+3
misf1
Wishful
COOKIE
7 posters

Go down

Anger at the end of breast implant claim. Empty Anger at the end of breast implant claim.

Post by COOKIE 1st December 2012, 3:44 pm

Women with faulty breast implants are outraged after being told they can no longer take legal action against the company which fitted them.

A restructuring deal by Harley Medical Group, which put in the greatest number of PIP implants, means the firm cannot be held liable.

Leeds women fighting for compensation over the implants made with non-medical silicone have been left angry.

Kate Ward, who was taking action against the company, said: “How can they be allowed to do that and diminish responsibility? I am just gobsmacked.”

The firm – which has a branch in Leeds – is still operating after being taken over by a new holding company.

Kate, from Kirkstall, Leeds, had her initial breast enlargement in 2005 at a Yorkshire Harley Medical Group clinic but paid £5,500 to have hers removed at another hospital in January.

About 4 per cent of the gel in the implants had leaked.

Another Leeds PIP victim had to borrow £2,400 to have her implants removed.

Single mum Marie Robinson also had her PIPs fitted through Harley Medical Group and was hoping to take legal action.

Marie, from Armley, Leeds, said: “If the Government are letting the clinics get away with it, then I think the next step should be to claim from the regulators.”

A spokesman for Harley Medical Group said they had removed faulty implants where there was a medical need for free.

“This was the right thing to do and is in line with recommendations from expert reviews, but the impact on our business has meant that we would have been unable to continue without restructuring and bringing in new investment.”

He said the move allowed them to continue to care for all patients.

“Despite ourselves also being a victim of this fraud, we were also faced with liabilities arising from a class action that we simply wouldn’t have been able to survive.

“This is why we believe that the action that has been taken remains the only action, in the prevailing circumstances, that could have been taken in the best interests of our PIP and other patients.”

* Patient group PIP Action Campaign is holding a Wear Yellow awareness day next Friday. (Dec 8)

Source HERE

Stay strong ladies. Hopefully you'll all some day soon get back what you're rightfully owed. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Anger at the end of breast implant claim. Empty Re: Anger at the end of breast implant claim.

Post by Wishful 1st December 2012, 4:00 pm

Bloody hell, the way that spokesperson made them sound like the injured party!
I suppose that lives up to the con artistry antics that even the nurses there use. So glad I wasn't convinced by the nurse at the Liverpool clinic. Saw right through her sales patter and over friendliness. I feel terrible for the women caught out by them and the sordid way they have tried to diminish their responsibility.xxx
Wishful
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Anger at the end of breast implant claim. Empty Re: Anger at the end of breast implant claim.

Post by misf1 9th December 2012, 9:40 pm

When a business loses sight of their customers needs they are doomed to fail, whether it be sooner or later. I hope there will be justice for the people implanted with PIPs.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 10th December 2012, 8:36 am

Ah these companies are such weasels!
PIP implants *always* had an exteremly poor reputation - it was documented in the professional journals before all this came to a head.
Hope the ladies have good lawyers who can pursue this further.
xx
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Anger at the end of breast implant claim. Empty pip replacement

Post by salbos83 24th January 2013, 9:17 am

Hi
Im new on here. I had surgery in 2004 at transform and i too have pips. Regarding hm going into administration, cant you ladies now have a replacement on the nhs? Im sure the guidelines were if you had pips on the nhs or the company has ceased trading, you can have a replacement on the nhs? I could be totally wrong but im sure ive read it somewhere. Xx
salbos83
salbos83
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th January 2013, 12:00 pm

As far as I'm aware lovely, no replacements at all will be done on the NHS. The NHS will however remove the implant if its causing bother.

So you can can have an explant for free, not a replacement hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anger at the end of breast implant claim. Empty pip replacement

Post by salbos83 24th January 2013, 12:29 pm

Ahh ok i must have been mixed up. This happens quite alot lol xx
salbos83
salbos83
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th January 2013, 12:53 pm

Don't worry hun. If I were in the same position my head would be all over the place reading as much as I could to find a way to get help, so its very understandable to get mixed up hun.

Did you receive me Email?x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by katielou2111 24th January 2013, 3:28 pm

Its is ridiculous they are allowed to get away with this, they should be made to accept responsibilityxx
katielou2111
katielou2111
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by salbos83 24th January 2013, 7:15 pm

Hi. Yes cookie i got your email thankyou. Its really nice on here and everyone seems so genuine and friendly. Thanks so much for all your support xx
salbos83
salbos83
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th January 2013, 7:19 pm

You're welcome Salbo :flowers:

We have a wonderful group here hun, so do feel free to dive in any threads you feel you may be able to help with or just to have a chat in as well as starting your own if you have any questions Salbo.

We're all here to support one another Salbo and I'm glad you found us Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurukullachis 25th January 2013, 2:56 pm

It's so upsetting. People were sold faulty goods not fit for purpose. Under the sales of goods act 1979 they should really be covered, it angers me that these companies just plead bankruptcy like they are the victims.
Kurukullachis
Kurukullachis
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 488

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down