Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half a nipple missing

+3
Kat4
COOKIE
sugarplum_sassie
7 posters

Go down

Half a nipple missing Empty Half a nipple missing

Post by sugarplum_sassie 9th August 2012, 9:42 am

So my dressings came off yesterday and I was able to have a good look at my scars and can see my right nipple is half missing! my left looks perfect, but my right nipple has part of the areola loped off and now the nipple isn't central within the areola. Will time change this as they stretch and heal? Anyone had a lift and had nipples become asymmetrical post op? I'm so p!ssed because I've had nothing but aesthetic issues with my right and physical issues with my left. My left looks good but was painful and my right is not painful but looks crap. Why can't my surgeon get my right to look like my left, I really do hate my right breast. Feels like fixing my right breast is trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear, never going to happen, I know I am a bit of a perfectionist, so my result might be acceptable to many but when I look all I see is flaws, obviously only myself and hubby will see my nipples so as long as the breast shape is good no one else will know, but I'll still know. My surgeon made it clear that he could not get me 100% satisfaction (because I am that specific) but that he could definately improve them (which he has), he also said that they would never be perfectly symmetrical, which I accept, but seriously half a nipple?! additional scaring isn't an issue for me, and TBH I think once healed and faded the scars will be fine, just minus part of my anatomy.
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Half a nipple missing Empty Re: Half a nipple missing

Post by COOKIE 9th August 2012, 10:31 am

I don't know about losing half your areola babe??? From what I know, when having a lift the nipple is cut from using a nipple sizer, like a ring they draw a circle into to get the shape of your areola, they don't just cut away freestyle...

I'd personally seek the opinion of your surgeon sweetheart, yes, the nipples will stretch, but the shape will remain the same. In saying that, we're all overly critical of our new boobs and the more we scrutinse any imperfections we might see, what might have started out as slight, then becomes huge as we get more and more paranoid about what we first saw. If that's the case, you're not alone babe. I'm guilty of this myself and know many other women who have gone through the same and nothing and no-one can tell you any different, until you actually get answers from your surgeon, so if you're very unhappy, go back and see your surgeon hun.

Big (((hugs))) sugar plum 'cos you seem so upset right now Half a nipple missing 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 9th August 2012, 11:53 am

Hi sugarplum - I havent been on for a good while so just found out youd had your re-op. I think you should ask your surgeon to see what he thinks too. Blimey youve had a few comlications havent you Half a nipple missing 571992

Me too on the critical of ourselves bit. I still have a little issue but likelyhood is if I showed others they would think I was crackers for troubling over it. But when youve gone through so much to try to achieve a look you soooo wanted its really hard when its not quite what you expected. I think after a re-op you are more and more and more critical too - I know I am.

I get what you said about it not being so bad in some ways cos only u and your darlin hubby will see that bit but wanting them just right for you alone is good enough reason and totally understandable - well I think so.

Hopefully things might change some as its early days - I saw some pics of one of the other ladies on here a while back and there was some serious puckering around the nip when she first had the dressings off - these settled an amazing amount so maybe that could be the case a bit with yours too? I hope so sweet.

How you getting on with your hair? Are you still a blonde or did you decide to go darker? x
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 9th August 2012, 12:12 pm

Cookie- thankyou, I've PMd you.

Kat! Half a nipple missing 571992 lovely to see you. Loving the new avi hun. As for the hair, I gave up on blonde, another futile task that didn't come to fruition. I went red (and have been for 3mths now) and whilst I love it, I'll be dying it again soon, no matter what I do it fades so fast and it doesn't cover my roots (naturally very dark brown) so even when it's freshly coloured my roots still look a different colour Rolling Eyes I used special products for coloured hair, even washed in cold water! I was hoping to have a cut and colour this week but haven't been able to get an appointment, at least not where they don't charge the earth! my hair has got so long it needs a damn good cut, I'm hoping that might help lift my spirits, as I just feel quite low at the moment, I'm guessing it's just the pain and restrictions impacting on my life, my husband feels unloved because I can't cuddle him and I'm always going off to bed early, I feel a crap Mum because I'm not up to doing much with my DD, and disrupted sleep just makes me feel really apathetic and no drive to want to do anything.
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th August 2012, 8:54 pm

Kat, those were my puckered boobs you looked at Half a nipple missing 557141 Nice to see you on here again!

They will go through so many changes, I'm four months post op, and my areola are still sore all along the stitching, and far from being healed yet and I can feel the stitching all around them. But the puckering's gone and they're looking much better as time goes by. I think I've given you my password before, if you haven't got it anymore just let me know.

If you have any concerns book an appointment with your surgeon.

And don't worry about going to bed because you need rest and you're so early post op still Half a nipple missing 571992xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by geordiejen 9th August 2012, 9:44 pm

Hi girls. I've just had my dressings changed and mine look very odd but I kind of expected that as I'm not used to having a definite 'line' so it's good to read this thread! But of a weird bit on my right but only 6 days po so know it'll settle in a few months. I hope you get some answers that puts your mind at ease, will you be seeing you're surgeon soon? What did the nurse say? X

Roxane would I be able to view your pics if that's ok? X
geordiejen
geordiejen
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 9th August 2012, 9:47 pm

I've sent you a pm geordiejen xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 12th August 2012, 4:20 pm

Hi sugarplum - maybe you'll just have to accept that being a beautiful brunette is the way to be ... brunettes do have loads of fun too lol!

Sorry youre feelin fed up sweet, its hard to not let it fill your head to bursting point soimetimes. I think our kids will accept all sorts of changes easily - more so than adults sometimes - theyre very adaptable and accepting and so long as youre there with em a quiet cuddle will go for miles. Same goes with darling hubby - just for now if you end up with a quietlife in that way he might feel like its the best thing too - it must be pretty scary for them thinking they would hurt us when we're sore too? Sorry hope thats not too personal a comment. x

Ahm, Roxanne - I do hope it was ok to say that to SP as a way of reassurance? The recovery I saw on your pics was amazing. How u doing?

x
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th August 2012, 7:23 pm

Kat4 wrote:Ahm, Roxanne - I do hope it was ok to say that to SP as a way of reassurance?

What has anything you have to say to anyone here have to do with Roxanne sweetness? Half a nipple missing 2829330259

We have a global moderator: misf1, 3 moderators: Kay, NurseSophie89, Alice and of course myself. We are the only people on this forum anyone needs to come to if they're concerned about anything lovely and your post was just fine.

I'm sure Sassie will really appreciate your comforting words sweetheart. xx

Last edited by cookie on 12th August 2012, 8:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 12th August 2012, 8:01 pm

Kat4 wrote:Ahm, Roxanne - I do hope it was ok to say that to SP as a way of reassurance? The recovery I saw on your pics was amazing. How u doing?

x

That's totally fine Kat! That's why I made sure to take regular
pictures, I want others to see the progress, it's rather reassuring that
way.

I'm recovering well, I haven't taken any four months pics since the progress has slowed down in the last month in comparison to the other months, I don't think you saw my three month pics though. I can tell I've got plenty of healing yet, it's a long waiting game and my areola are still sore around the stitches.

Btw your avi looks amazing Kat xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 12th August 2012, 9:10 pm

Hi Roxanne, am glad you're doing well. I agree about the pics - i think so much reasurrange can be got from other ladies pics when you are taking the first steps on this journey.

Its ok Cookie - me and Roxanne not having a fight there Half a nipple missing 199385 ... Ive messaged her privately a couple of times in the past about personal stuff so just wanted to check with her she didnt mind. I didnt mention her name there regarding the pics and it made me smile that she thought i meant her - especially seeing as the amount of boobs Ive seen in the last year is strangely high! I could have been on about anyones - it was hers though lol.

back to roxanne ... thanks for the compliment about the avi - its so great to wear a white vest top - one of my very favourite things - and fill it well Half a nipple missing 899188
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 12th August 2012, 9:48 pm

Hi Sugarplum,

after my mastopexy one of my areolas looked like a snakes eye lol it was all puckered to but has evened out now and I'm sure once the stiches settle and let go the shape will even out for you to hun xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 12th August 2012, 9:57 pm

Kat4 wrote:Its ok Cookie - me and Roxanne not having a fight there Half a nipple missing 199385 ... Ive messaged her privately a couple of times in the past about personal stuff so just wanted to check with her she didnt mind. I didnt mention her name there regarding the pics and it made me smile that she thought i meant her - especially seeing as the amount of boobs Ive seen in the last year is strangely high! I could have been on about anyones - it was hers though lol.

Half a nipple missing 184153 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 12th August 2012, 11:29 pm

You fill your vest very well Kat Half a nipple missing 113752

I figured it was me you were talking about with the talk about puckering we had in the past Half a nipple missing 4239681551. If I'd wanted to be discreet about it I wouldn't have mentioned it, no problem Half a nipple missing 184153 xxx

Somehow my laughing man next to my original message (ie. Half a nipple missing 557141) , as well I what I wrote following that in order to reassure sugarplum was overlooked to mention all the moderators as a follow up Rolling Eyes
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th August 2012, 6:14 am

roxanne wrote:Somehow my laughing man next to my original message (ie. Half a nipple missing 557141) , as well I what I wrote following that in order to reassure sugarplum was overlooked to mention all the moderators as a follow up Rolling Eyes

I typed as you were typing your message Roxanne. Not after or as 'a follow up' after your post. I hadn't read your response until I read Kats and responded.

Every single day I tirelessly watch over this forum... for you ALL. I acknowledged Kat's post and accepted what was said as you saw. So I'd appreciate you putting away any roll eyed comments you wish to put out there in future when addressing my posts and gain a little respect for the work I actually do here.

Now, If you have anything further to say on this matter, PM me.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 13th August 2012, 8:17 am

There was no tone of hostility in my original post, just reassurance about the changes that take place post op, and humour in the original sentence, hence my comment in the last post. I'm pretty busy working right now, but I'll PM you later if I get the chance.
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th August 2012, 8:44 am

roxanne wrote:There was no tone of hostility in my original post,
just reassurance about the changes that take place post op, and humour
in the original sentence, hence my comment in the last post. I'm pretty
busy working right now, but I'll PM you later if I get the
chance.

No-one made any reference at all to your 'original post' (being your first post in this topic) Half a nipple missing 267328

I responded to 'Kat' asking you if it were OK to make her post and I asked why she felt she felt she neded to ask you. There was no hostility in 'my' post and I then returned to list mods and to let her know these were the people she should contact if she felt she needed to. Just incase she was confused who she should contact.
Roxanne wrote:
what I wrote following that in order to reassure sugarplum was overlooked to mention all the moderators as a follow up Rolling Eyes

This was unnecessary and sarcastic. So yes, I'd appreciate a PM explaining that one and please remember this is a 'support forum' so unless you have anything to say in support in relation to the opening posters topic, use the PM facility or further posts not related to the opening post will be removed.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 13th August 2012, 4:25 pm

Thanks for everyones support. I fully prepared to expect puckered nipples, but I've had none of that, the scars actually look really good, no puckering at all, I was shocked how smooth the areola was, it's just missing half of it, my left nipple is round and great, my right areola is like pulled down in a teardrop shape with the nipple sitting low, not centrally. If any of you still have my pictrail details take a look and you'll see what I mean, there aren't many on there of the re-op yet, need to take and upload some more. So because there's no puckering I'm not sure further healing will change anythingHalf a nipple missing 267328 (as far as my nipples go I mean) Got my 2wk nurse appointment tomorrow so I'll bring it up with her not sure how much good that will do, won't be seeing PS till 3mths.
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th August 2012, 4:38 pm

sugarplum_sassie wrote:Got my 2wk nurse appointment tomorrow so I'll bring it up with her not sure how much good that will do, won't be seeing PS till 3mths.

When you see your clinic nurse Sassie, do be sure your concerns are noted lovely. Not only does this help you should you require any sort of revision/compensation after healing, but it also helps your surgeon because he'll then be made aware of your concern and can follow the progress of your areola as well as offer any advise to promote healing for you.

Please let us know how things go wont you babe. Half a nipple missing 571992
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by geordiejen 13th August 2012, 4:44 pm

Do u mind if I see your picture trail sugarplum? I've got my own that you can also see if u would like to, although it's not very advanced being 10days post op but has my hospital experience in it for good measure lol x
geordiejen
geordiejen
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 13th August 2012, 4:52 pm

geordiejen- have pm'd you.

Cookie- will do.
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sugarplum_sassie 19th August 2012, 8:34 am

Nurse appointment went well, scars looking good, I raised my concerns about my nipple/areola and she agreed with what I was saying but told me to give it time and let things settle, and to book in my 3mth appointment with my PS and if it was still a problem then to discuss it with him (which I will) but I think it's going to be one of those things I'll have to learn to live with. (I'm pretty sure she noted my concerns in my file)
sugarplum_sassie
sugarplum_sassie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bouncyDD 19th August 2012, 3:24 pm

Hiya girls,

Could I please have alook at both your picture trails Sassy and Geordie.
Sorry I know I had a look at yours before Sassy but i dont keep passwords.

I am really worried about my scarring, I am only having a donut lift with nipple trimming, but I still will have the ring of scaring...

Thanks girls in advance xxx
bouncyDD
bouncyDD
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 656

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down