Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accepted for funding :)

+5
lumpybumpy
sammi710
cazalino
COOKIE
LilMissCook
9 posters

Go down

Accepted for funding :) Empty Accepted for funding :)

Post by LilMissCook 9th July 2012, 12:00 pm

Just an updat ladies to let you all know I was accepted for funding for my BA on the nhs I'm now being transferred onto the waiting list :) don't give up ladies if your going through the same process it's took 2months from my gp to the funding stage and now acceptance so not long at all :) so pleased will keep you updated on my op date :) Stars
LilMissCook
LilMissCook
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

https://www.facebook.com/Lil.Miss.Cookie

Back to top Go down

Accepted for funding :) Empty Re: Accepted for funding :)

Post by COOKIE 9th July 2012, 1:02 pm

YAY! Stars made up for you babe and congratulations! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 9th July 2012, 1:09 pm

Oh wow congrats I hope U don't have to wait too long xx
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by sammi710 9th July 2012, 1:38 pm

congratulations that is amazing i m so pleased for u! i hope u dont have too long to wait xxx
sammi710
sammi710
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 391

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMissCook 9th July 2012, 4:40 pm

Thankyou so much ladies still doesn't all seem real iv wanted this for so long :) will keep you posted :)
LilMissCook
LilMissCook
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 10th July 2012, 1:05 pm

congrats, that's great news. if you don't mind me asking, how did you approach your GP in the initial appointment? I've got an appointment with my GP tomorrow and I'm worried that I won't be able to explain myself clearly enough to realy push for funding. i've been refused a referral previously by another GP who wasnt particularly helpful (see my help for GP visit thread on this forum) so i'm a bit nervous of how its going to go tomorrow x
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by karleyxxx 10th July 2012, 2:36 pm

yey congrats hun :-) xxx
karleyxxx
karleyxxx
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 321

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMissCook 10th July 2012, 3:35 pm

Hiya lumpybumpy :) Sorry to hear about your previous gp visit I know it can be a very long process for some, what is the reason for wanting the surgery? Mines complete amastia my breasts haven't formed even after having my daughter and have no breast tissue, my gp was lovely and really sympathetic she examined me and I didn't really have to explain anything because she could clearly see and feel that there was nothing there, she then referred me to a Surgeon who I saw 2weeks later, I was made to feel really awkward when I arrived at the hospital though and when i went in to see the surgeon without looking he quite blatenly said I doubt there will be the funding & asked a few questions, examined me and his attitude completely changed when he saw just how flat I was,

He agreed there was no formation and sent me for photographs straight away to back up my application to the PCT, he then requested the funding whereas I know in some places the GP does it, I moved county's and doctors in the mean time so when I went to see my new gp about it she was very unsympathetic and said I would be waiting years that's even if I got the funding at all which was probably unlikely but to write a supporting statement on how it affected my life so she could send it to the pct when they requested it, however Monday I had a phone call from my gps secretary saying the funding was there and no supporting statement was needed, the pictures were enough along with the surgeons information.

I am now just waiting for a consultation and an op date, I haven't been to see any psychiatrists like I know so many people have to also, I may have to in future but haven't as of yet,

One thing I will say is be persistent & don't give up, it is possible :)
LilMissCook
LilMissCook
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 11th July 2012, 7:02 am

hey! thanks for that, sounds like you didn't have a great time getting the funding, it's really horrible having to pluck up the courage to go the GP in the first place, without being made to feel like crap about it. i'm asymmetric, one is A, the other is C/D so they are severe. I'm hoping that this GP will at least refer me because although i realise NHS resources are already stretched, I dont really feel that the GP should make the decision to further refer, i do think they should at least send you for an initial consultation so that a more specific practitioner can make the call. if im unsuccessful today, i will definitely try again but will also start saving for private because the longer i leave,the more miserable i feel! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMissCook 11th July 2012, 5:39 pm

Yeh really does sound like your case is severe too :( defo keep me updated & posted xx
LilMissCook
LilMissCook
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 11th July 2012, 10:06 pm

Congrats hun, glad to see the NHS does still help people.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lx79 11th July 2012, 10:08 pm

That's awesome, really pleased for you babe!!! xxxx
lx79
lx79
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 12th July 2012, 7:23 am

LilMissCook wrote:Yeh really does sound like your case is severe too :( defo keep me updated & posted xx

hey, yeah went to the GP, she was lovely but she said there's absolutely no chance of funding, explained that they've started cutting right back on funding (especially as i live in a 'deprived' area) even on ladies with severe back pain as a result of large breasts, plus she said that its more likely that they'll reduce the larger one, resulting in a hot cross bun type scar from a reduction. It made me think do i really want that or would i rather save up and be able to have more control over what shape and size i do actually want my breasts to be. it'll take me a while to save but i suppose thats the better option for me as maybe i wouldnt have been happy with the NHS option if i had been successful with a referral.

so not really the answer i was hoping for but the GP was very helpful, gave me a load of information about implants, etc, nothing i didnt already know after doing research but to be fair to her, she was very helpful.

best of luck with your NHS journey, you're nearly there so I hope it all works out for you! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LilMissCook 12th July 2012, 9:14 am

Aw but very true going private you will be in full control, I do agree they are cutting back on pretty much everything at the minute and it is a postcode lottery. Such a shame there isn't more out there for us women though :( will definitely keep you posted on my journey sure iv got a long one to go :/ haven't been booked for a consultation or anything yet but will keep chasing them up. Good luck x
LilMissCook
LilMissCook
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lumpybumpy 12th July 2012, 9:21 am

yes make sure you keep on at them to get that consult sorted. i'll keep following you on here to see how you progress! good luck with it all! xx
lumpybumpy
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa90 14th July 2012, 7:57 am

Congrats HunAccepted for funding :) 727935,

Ive recently Just been accepted for a BA on the NHS to and im on the waiting list so i no how your feeling! Hope you dont have to long to wait for your surgery!

XXX
lisa90
lisa90
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down