Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Accepted for ba on nhs:)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Accepted for ba on nhs:)

Post by lisa90 on 18th June 2012, 11:51 am

Hi,

im new to this but just wanted to share my story about getting accepted for a ba on the nhs!

I eventually plucked up the courage to go and see my GP last year about getting a ba on the nhs as i have no breast tissue whatsover and it was really affecting my everyday life! The first time i went my gp sayed that they dont fund this and i left feeling really upset but a few weeks later i went back again to see another doctor who understood how i felt and was happy to refer me on to see a psychologist.

I recieved my appointment a few months ago and went to my appointment i got examined by a nurse then went in to see the psychologist she asked me alot of questions about why i want it and how it affects my everyday life and how the nhs dont give these out to anyone its only in exceptional cases ie no breast tissue or severe size difference. She accepted how i felt and told me to go and get some medical photographs taken and that they would be intouch with an appointment to see a surgeon and that he would have the final say on if i get them or not.

I went to my appointment to see the surgeon last week he examined me and told me how they cant give these out to everyone but said i fit the criteria for a BA on the nhs we discussed sizes and stuff and he said 320 cc unders would be best for me!

I am currently on the waiting list for a ba and should hopefully have it done by the end of the year!

so to anyone thinking about trying to get them done on the nhs its worth a shot it does take time but it is possible:)

xx
lisa90
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 89

Back to top Go down

Re: Accepted for ba on nhs:)

Post by COOKIE on 18th June 2012, 11:57 am

Oh WOW! CongratulationS Lisa!!!!!! and a very warm welcome to BJSF

Thank you so much for sharing your story, as you quite rightly say, getting a BA on the NHS now is very difficult so your story will indeed give hope to any women thinking all is lost...

If you have any questions or concerns about your BA Lisa, just ask away in the 'General Breast Augmentation' section of the forum, we have a wonderful group here who will be only to happy to help if they can. xxx

Please feel free to PM any of the BJSF team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with any problems or guidance you may need help with on the forum.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First BA 2006 460CCs CUIs. Ruptured 2009
Revision with full capsulectomy & uplift 410CCs CUIs 2009
Scar Revision with Lollipop Lift 2011
Scar revision resulting in heamatoma 2012
Capsular Contracture & Seroma 2014

If there's any typos in my post, please don't blame me, blame auto-correct on my Ipad - its VERY naughty!

COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

http://Boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa90 on 18th June 2012, 12:04 pm

Thank you,

Still getting used to how it works! But looking forward to getting some advice and information before my BA!

xx
lisa90
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE on 18th June 2012, 12:11 pm

If you have any problems navigating the forum at all Lisa, do feel free to contact myself or any of our moderators here and we'll soon get you pointed in the right direction xx

Please feel free to PM any of the BJSF team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with any problems or guidance you may need help with on the forum.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

First BA 2006 460CCs CUIs. Ruptured 2009
Revision with full capsulectomy & uplift 410CCs CUIs 2009
Scar Revision with Lollipop Lift 2011
Scar revision resulting in heamatoma 2012
Capsular Contracture & Seroma 2014

If there's any typos in my post, please don't blame me, blame auto-correct on my Ipad - its VERY naughty!

COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

http://Boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat on 18th June 2012, 12:50 pm

Congratulations Lisa and welcome :)
That's fantastic news you must be thrilled! It's a lovely journey leading up to your BA and you've come to the best place, the girls on this forum are so caring and compassionate, and provide the best support and advice! So any queries or concerns you have then ask away! :)

Xx
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post by Wishful on 18th June 2012, 1:00 pm

congrats
Wishful
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 792

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinkle3 on 18th June 2012, 1:13 pm

congrats and welcome
What a great story so far, I hope to hear a lot more of it xx
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post by 2nd time lucky on 18th June 2012, 2:34 pm

Hi Lisa and welcome to this wonderful forum. Everyone on here is great and any questions you have there will always be someone who can answer. Just want to say well done for going to your GP ,and even more well done (if that makes sense Hysterical ) for going back and not giving up.I will look forward to following your journey xx
2nd time lucky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1799

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa90 on 18th June 2012, 10:00 pm

Thank you to everyone who has commented!

I will keep you all informed about my BA and no doubt will have loads of questions to ask!

xxx
lisa90
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 on 18th June 2012, 10:33 pm

That is brilliant news hun, and I'm so glad that your story can give hope to others that the NHS route is still possible. I wish you well on your BA journey.
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13658

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by louise1988 on 19th June 2012, 8:23 pm

oh my god! this really confuses me as i went to my doctor a few weeks back with the same problem and she told me it was an outright no! didnt even ask me to take my top off. But hearing you say u went back after being declined the 1st time makes me wonder if i should give it another shot?! im thinkin now that its just a case of luck of who you get. I think im going to ring up and change my doctors! defo worth another shot i think! :) if not im currently lookin into loans but dont have many options as my credit is not so great :( let me know how u get on with waiting/how long etc! pleased for you :) xx
louise1988
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* on 19th June 2012, 8:39 pm

Congratulations Lisa Stars This is great news for you sweetie you must be over the moon!!!

You are also incredibly pretty by the way! X
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa90 on 19th June 2012, 8:41 pm

Yeah if i was you i would go back and try again or try a different doctors! Its worth a try if i hadnt went back then i wouldnt be on the waiting list!,

I got told when i went to see the psychologist that after the end of the year the NHS will no longer fund BA's so i would defo try again as soon as you can! (they will only refer you if you have little or no breast tissue or severe aysmmetry)

I got told it can take up to a year but he said i should have it done in the next 6months:)

please let me no how you get on babe!

xxx
lisa90
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa90 on 19th June 2012, 8:43 pm

Thank You Alice:)

Im soooo excited! Just hope i get them done by the end of the year the surgeon seems to think so so fingers crossed but you never no with the nhs!

xxx
lisa90
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Alice* on 19th June 2012, 8:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Thank You Alice:)

Im soooo excited! Just hope i get them done by the end of the year the surgeon seems to think so so fingers crossed but you never no with the nhs!

xxx

Fingers crossed, but later is better than never! dance You never know, it could be boobies for Christmas!x
*Alice*
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2055

Back to top Go down

Post by louise1988 on 19th June 2012, 9:22 pm

ooh i better get a move on then! :) im defo guna giv it another go so will keep u informed! I have little breast tissue and have seen a surgeon privately already and he said the maximum i could go is 320cc which is what u have been offered so we are prob roughly the same size! il keep u updated :) xxx
louise1988
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by smile! on 20th June 2012, 4:34 pm

Congratulationsss!
I also got accepted for a BA on the NHS but for asymmetry so I know how difficult it can be so well doneee! xxx
smile!
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyhoney on 20th June 2012, 9:05 pm

Hi Lisa! just wondering where you'll be getting your BA done? i had my BA done on NHS up at St Johns Livingston last October, best thing EVER!

Misty x
mistyhoney
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa90 on 21st June 2012, 12:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:ooh i better get a move on then! :) im defo guna giv it another go so will keep u informed! I have little breast tissue and have seen a surgeon privately already and he said the maximum i could go is 320cc which is what u have been offered so we are prob roughly the same size! il keep u updated :) xxx

Good Luck Babe!

xxx
lisa90
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa90 on 21st June 2012, 12:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Hi Lisa! just wondering where you'll be getting your BA done? i had my BA done on NHS up at St Johns Livingston last October, best thing EVER!

Misty x

I got told it will either be at st johns in livingston or the golden jubilee in gasgow just depends who has a space first i really hope its at st johns!

What was your surgeons name? and what was your efore and after size if you dont mind me asking?

xxx
lisa90
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa90 on 21st June 2012, 5:08 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Congratulationsss!
I also got accepted for a BA on the NHS but for asymmetry so I know how difficult it can be so well doneee! xxx

Thank you babe! I'm soo excited its took a while but well worth the wait! Just hope it gets done before the end of the year!

xxx
lisa90
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyhoney on 26th June 2012, 10:43 am

i was maby just a 32a, got 325cc unders and i am currently a 34D/32DD!

My surgeon was Mr Ken Stewart x
mistyhoney
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs mac on 4th July 2012, 8:08 pm

Congratulations Lisa! Well done for not taking no for an answer.

I too have been referred by my GP for BA on NHS - 2nd time around. Seen a Phyciatrist around 4 years ago who demmed me not suitable for surgery as I appeared to be suffering from anxiety and depression - which of course was all down to my non existant boobies! Been referred again but have been told could be a 16 month wait to see a phyciatrist :( I can't remember what the phyciatrist asked me last time and so nervous I mess up again and don't get accepted again. Any advice? Thanks sweetie.
mrs mac
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa90 on 4th July 2012, 8:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Congratulations Lisa! Well done for not taking no for an answer.

I too have been referred by my GP for BA on NHS - 2nd time around. Seen a Phyciatrist around 4 years ago who demmed me not suitable for surgery as I appeared to be suffering from anxiety and depression - which of course was all down to my non existant boobies! Been referred again but have been told could be a 16 month wait to see a phyciatrist :( I can't remember what the phyciatrist asked me last time and so nervous I mess up again and don't get accepted again. Any advice? Thanks sweetie.

Thank You Hunnie!

Yeah it seems to take a long time from the referal from the gp to seeing the psychologist i waited neary a year.

I was really nervous about it to so i cant imagine how your feeling second time round! Especially as you have to show its making an impact on your life without coming across as beingdepressed!

Basically she had one question an that was tell me how this is affecting your life so i guess you just have to be honest about how it makes you feel on a day to day basis for me this affected my social life no being able to do things like going to the gym or swimming with friends so i started to feel like they didnt include me in things because i was so embarresed about my boobs but they just didnt understand, i couldnt wear things i wanted to as i feel that ive got to cover up all the time, ive never been on holiday since i was about 13! as i wouldnt dare go anywhere where i have to wear a bikini or any clothes that dont cover me up, It affects work i cant hold down a job because im a receptionist and i feel really self conscious about being in the public eye, It affects any relationships as i donf feel comfortable taking my top off or anything. I also had an eating disorder a few years ago which i feel was a cause of my boobs it sounds really silly but beacuse there was nothing there it was like i was trying to make myself so skinny to make my boobs look bigger (i eventually realised that was never going to happen but i was so desprate to try anything)

You do have to get the point across tho that you dont think your life is going to be perfect and all your problems are going to dissapear because no ones life is perfect but getting them would be the start of getting your life back and making you feel like a woman.

Sorry im going on now! ha But i really hope this helps a bit and if you have anything else you need to ask then i would be happy to try and help:)

Also i notice your from scotland where abouts in scotland do you stay?

xxx
lisa90
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrs mac on 4th July 2012, 9:27 pm

Hey lisa

Thanks so much for your advice. I think it's a very fine line between appearing depressed and explaining just how this affects your life.

This is a great start though and at least I'll have time to think about how to put my feelings into words.

I live just outside Glasgow - funnily enough around 10 min drive from the Golden Jubilee Hosp! Let me know where you end up for your surgery!

Good luck! xx
mrs mac
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top