Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really worried now :(

+4
Gingerbread
AmyD
FLOWER11
missh
8 posters

Go down

Really worried now :( Empty Really worried now :(

Post by missh 17th January 2012, 9:16 pm

I am a smoker. :( However, I was told at pre-op if i didnt stop then surgeon would not do my surgery........I am proud of myself and I have got down to about 2 a day...this has to be done gradual. Tomorrow, I am making myself determined to not have that morning and after dinner cigarette, but I am really worried because this week I have had a couple, my surgery wont go ahead :(

I wonder if there is a test they do with me minutes before surgery to see if I have been smoking this week, really really hope not!!!
missh
missh
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Really worried now :( Empty Re: Really worried now :(

Post by FLOWER11 17th January 2012, 9:45 pm

miss just my 2 cents I wouldn't lie and say that u haven't smoked when u indeed have smoking thins ur blood and can cause serious complications during surgery...Please don't risk ur life....Try ur best n just don't smoke at all as instructed by ur doc aftr u get ur boobs then it's a dfrnt story!!! I know it's easier said than done!BEST OF LUCK!
FLOWER11
FLOWER11
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 655

Back to top Go down

Post by missh 17th January 2012, 9:51 pm

I totally understand the complications fully and as from tomorrow no cigarette is getting put in my mouth!!!!!x
missh
missh
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post by FLOWER11 17th January 2012, 10:00 pm

yah! Missh i know it's a difficult challange but u can do it!!!
FLOWER11
FLOWER11
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 655

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD 17th January 2012, 10:30 pm

you can do it missh.... i loved smoking. Never thought i'd be able to stop, but i haven't smoked for months, and if i have the odd drag from a friends, i feel really sick sick and wonder why i loved it so much. Be strong, don't let this beat you :thumbs: my friend is using the electronic cigarette and hasn't smoked for 2 weeks!! xxx
AmyD
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingerbread 18th January 2012, 8:37 pm

Hello miss,

Find a hypnotherapist in your area and tell them u want an Emergancy appointment and they will help u. I am a qualified clinical hypnotherapist but I can't give phone appts as I wouldn't be able to see how relaxed you are to judge what type of suggestions you may require. Hypnotherapy is a greatest of stopping smoking as I once smoked 20 a day for 5 years and after one session with a hypnotherapist I haven't smoked since and never looked back. Your looking at paying anywhere between £30-£70 a session on where u live but to help ur health and improve chances of surgery going well it's a small price to pay. Let me know how u get on and all the best :)

Lots of love xxxxxx
Gingerbread
Gingerbread
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 18th January 2012, 8:48 pm

Best of luck girl you can do it.I ate mountains of apples and drank loads of water....it worked im still a non smoker and I loved smokingReally worried now :( 571992 xx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post by mistyhoney 19th January 2012, 10:27 am

aw you can do it! when i was getting ready to go to theatre they didn't do any kind of checks although they already knew i wasn't a smoker but they had no proof i wasn't mind you!

like Flower11 says its best to be honest, i can't see them cancelling your whole op for you having a few cigs but best to try and have nothing untill 23rd :) xxx
mistyhoney
mistyhoney
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 344

Back to top Go down

Post by Chrissy1361 19th January 2012, 11:41 am

I'm a smoker and couldn't stop, my ps knew I was a smoker but never did any checks or asked if I had stopped, I was anywhere between 3 and 8 a day upto the point of surgery. I still continued to smoke after surgery 4 weeks ago today, but have had a lot of problems with my right boob healing. I am back at ps tonight as it has got infected and may need re stitching. I have stopped smoking for two days now and my advice would be to stop as I have had problems, whether it is due to smoking or not I will never know, but wish I was not back upto London tonight with the possbibilty or re-stitching and maybe ugly scarring.

xxxx
Chrissy1361
Chrissy1361
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 19th January 2012, 12:45 pm

Hi i was told by my surgeon that i f i was having a uplift he wouldnt operate if i smoked but was ok to smoke if it was just implants,i did cut down alot before surgery but am back to normal amount now !(shame!!!),a few years ago i did go to a hypnotheripist and paid £160 for one session,stopped for 3 weeks but then started again!!,i think for it to work you really do need to want to stop,i dont really think i wanted to !! Good luck to you on quitting!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down