Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Pyschiartric apt complete :)

Go down

Pyschiartric apt complete :)

Post by Gingerbread on 17th January 2012, 8:03 pm

Hello ladies!

How are u all? Well I hope! Just updating with my progress, I had my psychiatric meeting with a lovely man today called dr thomson who was great! He asked lots of questions about my past and childhood etc and then when on to the breast topic! I was very honest and told him everything and how I felt and he said he would agree breast augmentation would be a good solution however he then stated he wanted me to see another psychiatrist who could perform an assessment as he wanted a second opinion?? He then said he notices some traits of body dysmorfia because of the severity of my breast issues hence why he wanted a second opinion!

Has anyone else been diagnosed with this? He said I wouldn't need medication and that he thinks I am very emotionally stable and ok to go ahead but I'm just a bit paranoid that this may affect the process?

Any feedback much appreciated,

Many thanks,

Coral xx
Gingerbread
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Re: Pyschiartric apt complete :)

Post by AmyD on 17th January 2012, 8:10 pm

hello sweetheart. I was diagnosed with body dysmorphia too. My doctor tried to get my breast augmentation done through the NHS but nothing came of it. To be honest i could have pushed it harder but was getting desperate and so decided to pay and go private. I was referred for cognitive behavioural therapy who diagnosed me but couldn't treat me. My doctor then put me on fluoxetine, 60mg a day which is the best medication for BDD. I have been SOOOOOOO much better since i've been on it. Here to chat if you need to. I understand how this feels Hug

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingerbread on 17th January 2012, 8:33 pm

Hello Amy!
Thanks so much for your quick reply! Ur picture us awesome! He hasn't actually diagnosed me with it yet but he did say because I am obsessive with organisation and cleaning and don't like looking in mirror and have photos of 'ideal' breasts that it was signs of having body dysmorfia. He's going to refer me to another man to get assessed! After looking on Wikipedia to see what bodydysmorfia is I do have a few symptoms and I am quite relieved to know that this could be why I feel so self conscious, even though I am more than happy with the rest of me. What do the tablets make u feel like? Hopefully they won't see this as me being 'unstable' for Nhs federal but if it is then I think a wee bank loan may be in order :)

Thanks so much xxxxxxxxc
Gingerbread
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD on 17th January 2012, 9:47 pm

no you won't be seen as unstable hun. The tablets relax ur mind.... they help to keep ur thoughts more rational and focus on other things in ur life, not just the area of your body that you hate. It hasn't gone away totally, but since being on medication (fluoxetine is a form of prozac)and having surgery, i deal with it better now. It isn't such a big thing in my life now :thumbs: i worry and think less, and enjoy life more

xxxxx
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down