Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dont know where to start

+4
misf1
peggysue
BKOZ
Katie1985
8 posters

Go down

Dont know where to start Empty Dont know where to start

Post by Katie1985 12th December 2011, 3:26 am

Hi :flowers:

I am so overwhelmed by the whole process of BA and im unsure where to start. How do you know if you qualify for the op on the NHS? I am so nervous about speaking to the doctor as im painfully shy over my breasts and obviously the doctor will want to see them. I honestly dont think they ever grew since i was a teenager and look 'wrong' on my adult body. (im a size 12 and have such an odd shape to me because of my small breasts - they are too small for a B cup but too big for an A cup as they seem quite wide :\ if that makes sense?? I wear a B cup because they fit the width but then then cup is baggy. And it makes no difference if i wear 34" or 36" for the width. Basically they are disgusting and I think they might even be a bit tubular due to the way the nipple is :\ they make me cry they are so hideous.

I dont know what to do, i feel i should speak to the doctor but i feel so ashamed. Has anyone been through this? I dont even know where i'd begin if i booked the doctors appointment.

:(
Katie1985
Katie1985
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Dont know where to start Empty Re: Dont know where to start

Post by BKOZ 12th December 2011, 5:19 am

Hey hon!

I don't know about the NHS but...

I think almost all of us can relate to crying when we saw our pre-surgery bodies.

The whole process can be long or short, you can move as quickly as you want to and the fact that you have found this site right at the beginning is a blessing within itself.

Yes, your doctor will want to see you boobies! But it's ok, that is his job. He will be so 'matter of fact' and frank about the whole thing you wont feel uncomfortable. He isn't going to look at them and say "OH MY GOD WHY DIDN'T YOU COME SOONER?!" lol.

That first consultation really is the beginning of an emotional and quite physically strenuous journey but the outcome will change your life. I too would cry at the sight of my body pre-surgery, never let my partner see me naked, etc. I wanted my operation for TEN years! I am sure most of us girls can relate to your story and we can support you with any questions you have.

There is no explanation of the feeling that comes with something so significant. Breast Augmentation isn't just a physical journey, it's a psychological one which will leave you feeling 'complete'. Your doctor will give you the figure you always dreamed of and your 'flat' days will be forgotten not long after. It is magical, painful and sometimes time consuming, but it is WORTH IT!

Congrats on taking the first step, ask as many questions as you like and WELCOME to breast buddies!

xxoo
BKOZ
BKOZ
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 602

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 12th December 2011, 6:51 am

I know exactly how you feel.I was so down over it all I went to the dr and was refurred to phychiatrists and drs but unfortunaly almost a year down the line I got a no from my local pct as there was not enought funding.I wish I had realised from the start that its not quiet so straight forward. 2 of my drs at my surgery pushed for this and everyone who I saw backed me up and agreed that I should have the surgery funded all except the pct.

We are all here to support you through your journey and BB has helped me so so much I couldnt have gone through this without all the girls.

Good luck girl and phone up and make the first step.xx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 12th December 2011, 8:07 am

It can be very hard to get a ba on the nhs. A lot of pcts will only fund an op for a difference of more than one cup size. As for what bra you should wear now, measure under your bust and the nearest even number is your band size. The nhs can be a long drawn out process with a no at the end of it. Best of luck to you hun
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 12th December 2011, 9:16 am

I can't advise re the NHS as I am paying for it myself but just wanted to say hello and welcome. You have just joined a big family of girlies who are all great and supportive x x
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie1985 12th December 2011, 10:37 pm

Thanks ladies for replying. I am so scared of the thought of an operation even though i know i desperately want/need it. My boyfriend and I have had many discussions and he always says he loves me as I am but I NEVER take my top off unless i've had a drink and in the dark!! But after yet another long talk he has agreed to start a savings account for the op. I think on the whole it may be less traumatic than the NHS route. Do I still need a doctor referal or can I just book a consultation? I keep thinking they cant have seen worse ones than mine!! Im dying thinking about them seeing my awful boobs!! lol xxx
Katie1985
Katie1985
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by gillmoo 12th December 2011, 11:02 pm

Oh love beleive me we have all been there! I used to think there was no way on earth I would ever be able to show my boobs to anyone, I was so ashamed of them (I still am!!). My hubby never saw my boobs god love him. But a few months ago I plucked up my courage and had my first private consultation. I had to take my top off for a nurse to have a look at me and hated every minute of it. But she was lovely, had had a boob job herself so knew how I felt. Since then I've done it quite a few times, its not nice but the first time is definitely the worst. It is worth it though, dont be shy, they have seen it all before! xx
gillmoo
gillmoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post by gillmoo 12th December 2011, 11:03 pm

Oh and you don't need a referral if you're going private xx
gillmoo
gillmoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 13th December 2011, 7:43 am

Morning hun I have been thinking about this one alot and I want to honest. I wish I had never gone down the nhs route at all. I was just small and empty from breastfeeding and it was effecting me massivly and the physiological effect from being pushed from pillar to post actually made me worse. I was constantly waiting for a phone call,letter, email and it became my life! I now have the money which has been hard.But I feel so proud I managed it and came out the other end. I have ended uptaking medication from the dr for depression which I didnt want to do,but im so glad I did because im nearly back up there now.

Im not saying dont do it, you have to do it for you.But just a warning it broke me and I felt very rejected when I got a no.

Just stay chatting on here the support is amazing and you will probably make some very good friends which will be like no other.

Good luck with everything,it helped me so much when I saw a surgeon for the first time it made it all feel a little more real even though I had zilch money xxx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie1985 16th December 2011, 2:21 am

My boyfriend and I are definitely saving so I can have the op :) I feel better already knowing we are planning it. Sort of like a relief.

I think if I arrange a consultation it will help me feel like it's more real, as you said. Ive just been reading a few websites, dont know which to choose!!!! Currently looking into 'The Hospital Group' x
Katie1985
Katie1985
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 18th December 2011, 1:57 pm

You need to do whats right for you hun!...i've never gone down the nhs route as i know how extremely hard it can be and i agree with peggysue, it is sure to change you emotionally as your having to be passed here there and everywhere to be told 'no'.

Research surgeons hun, I went with the hospital group, and im so happy i did i would reccomend it to anybody and especially my surgeon.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by momojack 18th December 2011, 2:12 pm

Hi and welcome Katie, i only found this site a few weeks ago and have spent a long time hating my boobs Dont know where to start 683465

I'm also right at the start of my journey and have got my other half to agree to help me save up. I have been looking at which cosultants/clinics are in my area and im looking at booking some appointments in January...i am sooooo scared about having to take off my top/bra in daylight!! But i know it will have to be done and it will be the first step in the right direction.

Good luck xx
momojack
momojack
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 451

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down