Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Hello everyone! I'm from highlands & need help pls

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello everyone! I'm from highlands & need help pls

Post by Gingerbread on 31st October 2011, 8:30 pm

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all well?

I was wondering if anyone could please give me some advice? Any help is much appreciated! I may take a while to reply as I have a 10 month teething son! But
I will get back eventually. :)

I am half Chinese and always been a size 6. Before giving birth to my son I was a 28 c. When pregnant I went to a 32E which I loved! After breastfeeding they have become a 28A and saggy, stretch marked and are plain disgusting! I have never believed in surgery as I have always been happy with myfigure
However this is terrible! I won't show my partner, I can't
Take my son swimming, I wear my bra continuously (even in the shower) and get severe breast envy! I have spent so much money on creams, chicken filets, herbal tablets etc yet nothing works. It's making me feel very low.
my partner is a personal trainer and has tried to help me gain wait
But I have always been this size.
I get accused of being anorexic and even a lady boy. I feel so unfeminine. :(

I finally plucked up the courage to see my gp who was a male. He never asked to see them yet was extremely lovely and said he would refer my to a psychologist. Does this mean I am one step further to going on the waiting list? I am currently paying for my degree at the moment and I am a single parent hence the
Nhs option. Any help would be much appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Xx
Gingerbread
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello everyone! I'm from highlands & need help pls

Post by sparkyleeds on 31st October 2011, 8:36 pm

Hi and welcome gingerbread! Im sorry i cant help i dont know much about the NHS but im sure some of the ladies on here will help you!!xxx
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 on 31st October 2011, 8:39 pm

Hi there! There is more than enough of us on here that all feel the same as way as you. I myself am currently going through the process of BA on the NHS. Firstly (I want to be honest with you so you don't get your hopes up
Too much) the ba's on NHS are definitely part of the postcode lottery and a lot of cases can take months sometimes years before funding is set. I'm in Leeds and have been approved within 2 months and going to meet my surgeon for the first time on Thursday! I have read that the psychologist route is a long way round, however also very beneficial. They have to make sure your op is not for cosmetic purposes.
All though saying all of the above, view seeing a psychologist as a good thing Hun, your one step closer. Good luck and don't give in fighting, would be great to hear your final story :) xxx
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingerbread on 31st October 2011, 8:43 pm

Hello!

Thank you very much for replying so quickly! That's amazing you have gotten so far so quickly. :) my friend got hers done within a year but she had one an A cup and the other a C so never needed to see a psychiatrist. Everything in my life is great bar my self confidence issues and I know this may sound strange but seeing a psychologist won't make them any bigger or make me feel less like a wee boy :( but I suppose they may be able to help with my OCD in cleaning! Hehe xx
Gingerbread
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 on 31st October 2011, 8:54 pm

Aww hun that's why I've been funded because I'm an A in left and between cups of B/C in right - it is IMPOSSIBLE to buy bras. The psychologist will do a report to your gp and PCT to confirm you are mentally fit for the surgery. Please think everything through 100% though because it isn't as straight a road you think, your surgeon won't tell you about post op blues which you will get due to been fed up of the swelling and bruising, it's a life changing op :)
Sorry to harp on at you lol.
I know I was funded quick but they treat asymmetry differently, I just so hope when I meet my consultant on Thursday he'll be telling me I can start 2012 a new woman!! Fingers crossed. Keep me updated with your progress though through pm or find me on here somewhere x
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 on 1st November 2011, 4:26 pm

Hy gingerbread,

Yes it is good news that you have been referred to a psycologist by your Gp because it show's that your Gp is supporting your case. When you go see the psycologist he/she will ask you a number of questions. About:

* Your childhood, (if it was a happy one)

*Your current/previous boyfriends and how your breasts made /make you feel when you are around them.

*Most importantly how your breast make you feel.

(This is from my experience anyway, n i'm from yorkshire)

My gp referred me to my local pct for approval, I was then sent for a body scan to check my breast size and body frame sizes, then the pct recieved the body scan redults to get the BA. So I went to see a different gp, who referred me to a psycologist, psycologist supported my case and then I was referred to see the plastic surgeon, who said yes.

I am currently on a26week waiting list to get it done now, its taken me just over 2 year, but it was well worthit!

I dont know what your local pct's policy is on this, but you can find info on internet, if you have any questions, the feel free to ask:)

chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 on 1st November 2011, 4:32 pm

I meant to say on the second paragraph, that when my local Pct received my body scan results, they said no, but thats booked an appointment with another gp who then referred me to the psycologist x x
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 on 1st November 2011, 9:12 pm

Hi Chrissy

Where abouts in Leeds are you are having your BA done? I'm also in Leeds and off to the LGI, who is your consultant/surgeon? xx
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AmyD on 1st November 2011, 9:56 pm

Best of luck with ur ops ladies, i feel soooooo much better about myself since my surgery, it has literally changed my whole life. I know how ur feeling, and i'm excited for you all. Good luck!! xxx
AmyD
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2138

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue on 1st November 2011, 10:40 pm

Hi gingerbread, can't help you on the NHS front but wanted to show my support and also let you know that I feel much the same as you.

I have always been petite but had a fuller bust before children and breastfeeding. I'm a size 6 and and short but in proportion until my boobs deflated and it's made me feel very boyish.

I've always been against surgery, partly because i was scared. But I don't want to continue feeling the way I do. So I'm booked to have my op in 7 wks. Fingers crossed all goes well for you.Xx
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 on 2nd November 2011, 7:27 am

Hy Claireleeds,

Im going to Bradford Royal Infirmary to get mine done with Mr Foo, I bet your really excited I know I am x x
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 on 2nd November 2011, 2:07 pm

Cant really advise you on the NHS front but just want to say good lcuk on your journey hun!...im sure everything will be fine, yes it wont be quick and easy but what is these days! x x x x
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 on 2nd November 2011, 7:23 pm

Hi Chrissy

One of my close friends at work had hers done a couple of years ago with Mr Foo at the BRI and is ecstatic still with her results! I haven't met him personally but judging what she said, he is a fantastic surgeon and she said she felt really comfortable with him straight away - so good luck!! Flash

Gingerbread - I really do hope all the advice and info posted so far has helped you a bit more in understanding the process on the NHS. Always feel free to ask for advice though we all love to help!! :thumbs:

Smallblue - good luck with your op!! I'd love to see your before and after pics when you do your story, we have a similar body size and would be interesting to see your size differences for your body proportions - if you don't mind? :)

God I am SO nervous about tomorrow - can't imagine what I'm going to be like on boobsign day!! xxx
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LAW13 on 2nd November 2011, 8:03 pm

I have just had my op approved on the NHS in Scotland... i got referred to the hospital to see a nurse first who examined me. I then saw a pyschologist and then saw a surgeon who approved it... its been over a year since i first went to my GP.

It all depends on you and how it makes you feel, i was really honest and said i felt manly being 5,10 and having size NINE feet with wonky boobs it makes me feel terrible and can affect me in a lot of different ways.

I really hope you get to see a nurse or surgeon who can tell you if you are eligible! Goodluck!! I got the news yesterday about mine being approved and i feel so lucky. Goodluck again :thumbs: xxx
LAW13
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue on 2nd November 2011, 8:17 pm

Good luck Claire. Of course I would be happy to share my photos. Good luck tomorrow! Is it tomorrow isn't is?
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 on 2nd November 2011, 8:20 pm

Yes - tomorrow is the day I have to show my boobies to a man for the first time in god knows how long :( Soooo nervous!! Thank you smallblue. Looking forward to sharing our stories together :)

Not long for your big day! Whats the actual surgery date? x
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue on 2nd November 2011, 8:30 pm

I was also very nervous about taking my bra off. But once I was sat there it was far less daunting and over very quickly. You will be fine My date is the 20th dec. Can't wait now! Let us know how you get on.
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 on 2nd November 2011, 8:36 pm

Well at least the good thing is it's at 0930 so I'm guessing one of the first in. Hopefully now delays!! Lol. I will do :) thanks again! xx
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingerbread on 6th November 2011, 10:16 pm

Hello everyone!

Thank u so much for all your advice! Feel much better now!

Chrissy - so glad u have got it all sorted! Good luck and thank u for the questions asked! I can be prepared now! :) at least I am able to go in knowing what they are going to ask so I dont end up in tears and seem emotionally unstable! Lol!

I haven't gotten a letter from the hospital yet with an appointment so I am not sure when it will arrive so I will be sure to keep u posted!

The thing is my boyfriend loves them and is against me getting surgery however in the 2 years we have been together he has only seen them on a handful of ocassions! :(

Is it the psychiatrist who refers you for a scan? And if so what does the scan do?

I am so glad I found this site! What an inspiring and caring bunch of people everyone is!

Thanks all so kindly xxx
Gingerbread
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 on 8th November 2011, 11:45 am

Hy Gingerbread,

No, its not the psychiatrist who refers you 4 the body scan, its your local pct, the body scan clinic where I had to go was in Nottingham, but there may be one nearer to u, with u living up scotland??

But you may not have to go for one of these depending on what your local pct policies r on BA's.

THE BODY SCAN:

They take measurements of your breasts, around your back, and your height.

Check your weight.

They also take photo's of your breasts (front and side view)

Then they work it out to find your body mass (BMI).

My advice to you is to, is to stay determined and never let ur Gp talk you out of it or put you off (I had two Gp's try that with me), so I went to another lady Gp within the practice WHO WAS FANTASTIC & SUPPORTIVE) But it sounds to me like this Gp that you are seeing knows what he is doing.

I dont think you'll be waiting that long hun, I had to wait just over a year before being referred to a psychiatrist because of these 2 Gp's (which one of them couldnt be bothered an the other didnt have a clue n both were not supportive) So that waisted over a year of my time. by that time i had seen my supportive female Gp who referred me straight away t c a psychiatrist then to see the plastic surgeon, which all in all only took several months.

So, you've been referred straight away to see a psycologist hun, Which is fantastic news because the process will hopefully be alot quicker 4u.

Hope Ive made sense & this helps, let us know how u get on with the psychiatrist appointment n googluck with it hun xxx

chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top