Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

RIPPLED SKIN, NOTICABLE INCISION SCARS????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RIPPLED SKIN, NOTICABLE INCISION SCARS????

Post by chrissy86 on 22nd October 2011, 8:15 am

Hy all

I Went to see the plastic surgeon friday just gone, and he's said yes n Ive been funded on the NHS in Bradford. But what he also said was that my scars would be on the breast itself (really noticable) & also that because I am so small and have hardly no-breast tissue that I would develop rippling on the skin around the breast .

I was wondering if all plastic surgeons working 4 the NHS say this to every1 seeking BA's?

Is it just policy for them to warn you or are these things going to happen to me, so muddled up.

Has any1 expperienced the same kind of consultation through the NHS?

Please giv your advice, I would appreciate it
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Re: RIPPLED SKIN, NOTICABLE INCISION SCARS????

Post by katyp on 22nd October 2011, 10:00 am

Hi hon. I would think they legally have to give all the scenarios so they don't get sued or something, and so you are aware of the possibilities. He may have said the scars would be on the breast because your skin will stretch as the implants drop and settle so the scar position may ride up?? Are you having cohesive gel or saline unders or overs? This may make a difference as gel are less likely to show ripple and unders help hide it too. So maybe a dual plane/under with gel that's not a high profile would be much less on the rippling side. ...but i'm not a ps so maybe find another one with a free consult and get another opinion? Good luck babe. Give You
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 on 22nd October 2011, 11:09 am

Hy there Katy p,

I'm going to be havin silicone implants (unders). But what he has said has put me off, is it common to have over riding scars? And what about rippling, do you have these problems? Dont know what to do, because he did state in the comnsultation that i WOULD get these type of scars and WOULD get the rippling around the side of the breast he said because I am small/ skinny n have tiny breast tissue this increases theses problems.

Ive been scouring the internet to try find ladies who have had BA's of a similar sized body frame to me, but I cant find anything.

I am hoping that every thing will be ok n that these could be small risks.

Dont know what to do
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 on 22nd October 2011, 12:37 pm

Hi huni,

What size are you now and what cc's would you be having? Also you say your small do you mind me asking what size you are? These will all have something to do with you've been told.

I would definitely get an appointment with another ps transform do them for free just to see what they say.
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 571

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 on 22nd October 2011, 5:12 pm

Hya Lauren,

Im a size 6, 5"3, 32 aa and having 250 cc silicone implants (unders). N think i probably will go to transform, thanks 4 that info hun. What do you think about my sizes then? x
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 on 22nd October 2011, 5:14 pm

Infact I'm gunna ring transform up monday n get a app thk u xx
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 on 22nd October 2011, 7:03 pm

Glad your going to see another ps Chrissy. You are only tiny but then your not having huge implants. I'm a size 8 5"7 and I had 380 in left and 410 in right and have no rippling. I cab feel mt implant a bit underneath not near the cleavage but can't see it. My scars have moved up onto my breast but only whee I expected them to be anyway if they were any lower you would see them and where they've moved to you can't see them so I'm happy.

I noticed your in Leeds my ps does a clinic in Leeds transform and would definitely recommend him. He was very honest told me 410 was the max I could go unless I put weight on and he was only happy for me to go this size because I have broad shoulders so could carry them. Otherwise they wouldn't have looked natural and I didn't want a fake look.

Sorry I'm going on now. Definitely think it will good for you to get another opinion though huni and ask about rippling and scars etc.
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm on 22nd October 2011, 7:48 pm

I don't know why he'd say that the scar would be on your breast, rather than in the crease, surely it's up to him where he puts it?? hmmm...
I'd question why. I know you don't get much choice on the NHS though.
Good luck with it xx
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 on 22nd October 2011, 9:16 pm

chrissy, who is your surgeon on the nhs? I'm also in leeds and have a consultation with mine on 3rd november, he's called daniel thornton, he works with chris fenn at spire. You could try a ps through Spire Leeds, the NHS in Leeds/Bradford use them from what I've read on my research. There's a few I've heard of: Simon Kay, Chris Fenn, Phillip Turton has his own practice.
What happened at your first consultation? I'm getting really nervous about mine now :-( x
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by RedUmbrella on 24th October 2011, 4:59 pm

I had my BA on the NHS - I'm bigger than you dress-size wise (I'm size 10 and 5'7") but had no breast tissue at all really and I'm sure I wasn't told I would have scars on the breasts themselves and rippling. I would remember that I think! My scars are pretty much in the crease (left one more so than the right but I think it's settled down a bit more so hoping they'll both end up like that) and I don't have any rippling. I would definitely query it as the other girls have suggested - good luck xx
RedUmbrella
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 on 25th October 2011, 8:54 pm

Hy all, to be honest, judging from what you are all saying, i think the surgeon was generally trying to put me off by telling me a few white lies or excadurating maybey, because theres prob so many women going for it, that they've had to resort to putting pep off, but not going to go down the road of second opinions because i have waited just over two years to get funded so gunna trust everything will be ok.

I could probably cope with a few ripples n scars eventually fade anyway, just looking on the bright side now! Role on 20 weeks! Cant wait to look more like a woman with something there, so happy that the nhs are helping me every1 for your advice
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Lauren87 on 26th October 2011, 6:46 am

Your welcome huni good luck x
Lauren87
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 on 26th October 2011, 7:08 am

Thanks Lauren X
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by katyp on 26th October 2011, 8:21 am

Just found this about scars if your interested. Shows various options and results.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
katyp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara_Crooks on 26th October 2011, 8:35 am

Hey, in my opinion, he was definitely trying to put you off! I had 355cc overs and had hardly any breast tissue and mine are fine so far. I can sort of feel the implant on the right breast on the side but only when I push in. But i think even that will settle in time! Unders are best suited for people who have hardly any breast tissue but I had overs and like I said mine look perfect!

Also my incision is just on top of the crease so dont know why he said that. Like mrsm said it should be up to him where he makes the incision!
Sara_Crooks
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 193

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy86 on 27th October 2011, 7:45 pm

Hy Katy,

Just had a look on that site, n there is some good examples of incision scars and how you can reduce them thank you. Just hope that my scars wont be on the breasts theirselves Hy there sara, yes i'm hoping that what the P.S said was nonsense, but I'll soon find out, hope ur right too hun! In my book, its either carry on walking around like a boy or go through with it to look & feel like woman?... i know which one im gunna choose...

Thank u all soo much for your support, feeling beta now x x x
chrissy86
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum