Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Leeds - Just received referral letter!!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Leeds - Just received referral letter!!

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 on 19th August 2011, 2:29 pm

Well I called the clinic and they said all my paperwork has been reviewed by a Professor I've been registered with at Leeds General Infirmary but they can not get me an appointment for upto 13 weeks!! It's gonna feel like the longest 13 weeks in my life :( it'll all be worth it in the end though :) xx
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith on 20th August 2011, 2:55 am

Im not sure how long... it depends if you need to stretch the skin to fit the implant. In my case, im not getting a large implant so my surgeon will just put the implant in at the same time... shes taking a couple different sizes in though to test it out

:)

X
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 on 20th August 2011, 5:42 pm

Ahh right I see.

I found some info last night on how to do the rice test, I know it's not the same as trying implants about but I suppose it's a way for me to try and determine a size. My bf (bless him) told me to go buy some MORE!! chicken fillets thinking that would be easier than do the maths (I hope I'll be alright coz I work in accounts) but he didn't understand they really don't work in that way, lol.

I suppose I'll just have to make sure when I'm closer to consultation, I include questions about sizers/enhancers for my surgeon should he mention it. Deep down I just want to rush in there already and just get the implants fitted but I know and understand all of my surgeons advice is in my best interests.

When is your op? Sorry if I've already asked lol. Where abouts are you from?

My bf also wants to have a chat with my parents before my consultation (his friends are talking crap basically lol) to make sure that I am doing this for the right reasons and no matter how much I tell him I am he still wants to hear it from my parents. I don't know if he's over reacting or anything but I suppose I can understand?? Would any of you?

I just want my consultation through so I can book in for surgery and hopefully have the op by Xmas and then hopefully start 2012 a new woman!! Fingers crossed!! Xx (sorry for the essay) xX
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith on 20th August 2011, 11:10 pm

not sure if you're talking to me but im waiting to have my pre op.. then it'll be 2 weeks after that i have my op. Im from New Zealand :)

I do understand that he'd be questionable but he should really trust your decision then having to go to your parents.

X
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 on 21st August 2011, 7:02 pm

I keep telling him he should trust my decision but he wants to hear it from them himself. I suppose having a 10 year age gap makes him think a little deeper too? Lol.
2 weeks isn't too bad, do you have them replaced with implants straight away after removal or is it separate ops for each?
Sorry to ask so many questions I just want to understand everything properly before I meet my consultant and can make sure I ask the right questions!!
Good luck with your op Hun xx
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith on 23rd August 2011, 7:19 am

hehe thats cute! :)

Its happening all in the same op... sizers in, sizers out, gummy bear implants in and im hoping they wont be out for a LONG time.

Its totally alright.. Ask away, you've gotta get as much in as you can!

thank you!

X
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 on 23rd August 2011, 4:32 pm

Haha I bet you are!! I bet your praying not hoping? Lol.
I'm sure everything will be fine for you though :)

Well I thought the hospital rang me earlier on as it was a blocked number anyway I got excited.... Was the wrong number!! Lol. I'm alo praying my consultation comes through asap I don't know I can wait 3 months :'(

I'm sure I'll have more questions shortly :-p thanks again xx
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith on 24th August 2011, 6:29 am

yes more praying actually haha and praying i get a call VERY soon! im starting to get sick to the stomach thinking they've forgotten about me :( i really hope this isnt the case though...

Oh that would've got your heart racing! this year is going soooo quickly so we should be soon! YAAAAY..

sweet, no worries :D

X
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds on 22nd September 2011, 3:44 pm

Hi claireLeeds,im thinking of booking with Phillip Turton and having it done at Nuffield ,please let me know how you go on, Thanks !
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by efitasanti on 22nd September 2011, 5:23 pm

I was fortunate to find this forum

Thanks,
Santi
efitasanti
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by ClaireLeeds1988 on 9th October 2011, 5:01 pm

Well I'm meeting my surgeon on 3rd November, (not too sure what to expect as my letter says this is a consultation only?!) Wondered if anyone from Leeds area had heard of Daniel J.A Thornton? I've found his CV online and he his an author of 2 books but it is still nice to know of anyones thoughts and opinions if they are available?
What should I expect at my first meeting with him? I thought probably talking about surgery as my funding is approved but I'm not too sure what to expect as every post I read on here seems to say something different? Screwy
ClaireLeeds1988
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds on 10th October 2011, 12:05 pm

Hi claire,congratulations on getting your funding! Sorry ive not heard of D Thornton ,im having a consult with G Spyrou from Nuffield hospital.Ithink at the consultion he will have a look at you and discuss sizes,surgery and so on,im sure the other ladies on here will be able to give you alot more info on that!
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum