Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help - problems and i don't know what to do next!!

2 posters

Go down

Help - problems and i don't know what to do next!! Empty Help - problems and i don't know what to do next!!

Post by walklingr 27th March 2011, 7:54 pm

Please could you give me some advice as i am having poblems and dont know where to turn next!

Had my op in July 2009, had PIPS which were brilliant implants so i was told! All ok until September 2010 when i woke up and my right one was all flat and out of shape. Contacted the clinic, my surgeon had left so they let me see another. Had an NHS scan to rule out rupture. Finally in November 2010 the surgeon said my implant had flipped over! He flipped it back and said that i needed revision surgery for many reasons (PIPS, too large pocket, excess skin). From December 2010 to Feb 2011 i couldnt get hold of the clinic and when they called me back eventually they said they had been bought by another company and that my aftercare was now void!!!!! They are saying that technically they no longer exist although their tel numbers, website EVERYTHING is exactly the same!?

Well, my implant flipped over AGAIN yesterday! Cant even wear a bikini or anything cos you can notice its out of shape. In November the surgeon flipped it back but also said i needed a re op which is not gonna happen now. Whats the betting when i ring tomorrow that they wont even see me! Then what do i do. And even if he does see me and flip it back this is going to be happening every few months. I also have lumps in my armpits taht i am sure is linked to these awful pips.

I just dont know what to do, i need them changed ive only had them 18 months but i cant afford to do it. Just wondered if you had any advice as to what action i should take??

Many thanks
walklingr
walklingr
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Help - problems and i don't know what to do next!! Empty Re: Help - problems and i don't know what to do next!!

Post by John Pereira 30th March 2011, 9:07 pm

Hi there
What a problem and I am very sorry to hear about it. This is the problem with going to a clinic and not a particular surgeon - I know that doesnt help but thats the bottom line. Surgicare did go under and has I understand been bought out by the hospital group. As such if they are still operating under the name surgicare I expect that they do actually have to honour the contract that they had with you. I would first go to citizens advice or a no win no fee lawyer and ask for advice - I will also ask some contacts for you. Press the issue with them and ask for a reply urgently IN WRITING. It is amazing that people will fob you off over the phone, but are quite reluctant to put in writing confirmation of refusal to honour the warranty. If this doesnt stimulate some more reasonable response then the trading standards authority can be asked to investigte on your behalf - meanwhile an independant review of your case can go ahead and a cost for reoperation established. Its a tricky one but I bet your not the only lady in this position with surgicare. Perhaps with your permission I can ask a journalist friend of mine to contact you and he can do some investigating for you. Please keep me updated with your progress. JP
John Pereira
John Pereira
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon
Breast Buddies' Resident Surgeon

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down