Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fears confirmed : (

+13
21jane
02050Mama
mrsm
fluffy_bunn1e
melloumaw
lilibet
Rach26
jellytot
jellytot1
alfie
kittie
misf1
Peachy34
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fears confirmed : ( Empty Fears confirmed : (

Post by Peachy34 24th January 2011, 6:11 pm

Hi ladies it looks like my fears have been confirmed and my implants are too narrow for my frame. I sent some pics to James and he agreed.

So what to do now? I have started by composing an email to my pc to set the ball rolling and will see how I get on from there. I am really down about this at the moment but at least James has confirmed that this is not in my head and that everything is not fine as the surgeon said to me. That combined with the kind words and support I have recieved on here has spurred me to get things moving.

I would appreciate any advice anyone has in dealing with complaints to these places as I know they aren't usually forthcoming in offering to rectify mistakes or admitting they even exist. I know I will probably be in for a battle but things aren't right and I have a right to be heard and until I tell them and see where the land lies I will just be in limbo. xoxo
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Fears confirmed : ( Empty Re: Fears confirmed : (

Post by misf1 24th January 2011, 6:28 pm

I'm so sorry hun. I don't know what you should write, but I'm sure someone will be along to help. Just wanted to wish you good luck and give you a big Hug
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 24th January 2011, 6:31 pm

I haven't dealt with complaints but I think the thing to do is go to them armed with info, which you've got from James, and keep a log of all contact between you and them. Stand your ground, keep firm about what's wrong and what you would like them to do to rectify things.

Good luck with it all hun and we're all here for support Fears confirmed : ( 571992
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie 24th January 2011, 7:27 pm

I'm not sure either what you should write hun, but kitties given some good advice, and I'm sure there'll be more to follow.

I sincerely hope you get through to your surgeon and get your re-op.
Good luck hunni, we're here for you.

Hug
alfie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5841

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 24th January 2011, 8:29 pm

I would go with the line that you aren't an expert in choosing implant sizes, widths and profiles, so that is why you trusted your surgeon to advise you on this - he has wrongly calculated your measurements and has carried on and put in the wrong width implants and now is still denying that the implants are the wrong width for your body shape. He has screwed up and won't admit it. I would send a copy of your letter to the governing body for plastic surgeons, is it BAAPS or BAPS? - something like that! I would send a letter rather than e-mail, it is more official, they will have a proceedure to follow on how many days in which they have to reply to your letter of complaint. Good luck xx
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 24th January 2011, 8:55 pm

To be honest my own surgeon hasn't seen me since my op. I saw a different surgeon for my aftercare and it was him who said he didn't see a problem and was quite dismissive which makes me think I might have trouble being heard . I haven't actually officially complained yet I just raised my concerns at my checks and he fobbed me off saying he didn't see a problem. I left it a little while longer as patience is sometimes all that is needed with new boobies but at nearly 5 months post op they are worse not better so I now need to be doing something. I have set the ball rolling and asked my pc to send the pictures to my original surgeon to voice my concerns. I will see what gets said from that and start drafting an official letter of complaint for them to respond to.

Thanks for your advice ladies I don't know what I'd do without you!
xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot 24th January 2011, 9:38 pm

I would suggest that you insist on seeing your original surgeon in the first instance. At the very least, it lets him see you first-hand and gives him a chance to fully asses the end results. It also allows him to rectify the problem without neccesarily going any further in the complaints procedure (I'm sure most surgeons don't want their name dragged through the mud!) You can then escalate the complaint from there?

I would also imagine BAAPS will have a suggested procedure which you can follow to lodge and progress any complaint - i would suggest contacting them also for advice.

I hope that helps and good luck hunni! Hug
jellytot
jellytot
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach26 24th January 2011, 10:32 pm

Oh hun, I'm so sorry to hear you have problems.

I dont have any words of advice, but I hope that you do get it all sorted. Dont forget we are all here whenever you need us xxx
Rach26
Rach26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1316

http://markowenunofficial.forum-motion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lilibet 24th January 2011, 10:51 pm

Hi hun - really sorry to hear this. I would write to your surgeon and copy the name of the hospital manager/general manager of the company you used (cant remember where you went) - ie go straight to the top - don't go via your PC, they will have no authority.

Also, as jellytot suggested, do it in writing, not email - much more formal, likely to get a better response.

Good luck
xx
lilibet
lilibet
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 144

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 24th January 2011, 10:54 pm

You definitely need to see your original surgeon again hun.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by melloumaw 26th January 2011, 4:46 pm

for help with complaints im sure cherry74 could point you in the right direction,im sure she wont mind me giving her name,as she had a very lengthy complaint
mel x
melloumaw
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 577

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 27th January 2011, 10:35 pm

Thanks Mel I might ask her if I don't get anywhere. I emailed the pc the other day and she got back to me straight away and said she'd send my email to the surgeon and speak to him this week. So I'm just waiting to hear what the surgeon has to say. I thought it only fair to give him the chance to see them before I put my complaint in writing to head office. You need the backing of a surgeon before they will do anything anyway so fingers crossed they will get back to me soon xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 27th January 2011, 11:04 pm

all the best hun, keep us posted Hug
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 27th January 2011, 11:12 pm

Sorry to hear this Peachy, I remember your boobs looking fabulous in your pics, but I hope the surgeon takes your concerns seriously and will agree to re-op if that's what you what. good luck xx
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by 02050Mama 28th January 2011, 5:01 am

Peachy-I don't have any advice that hasn't already been given-But wanted to add that your avatar pic looks GREAT-so at least in the meantime you look hot in your cute bra :flowers:
Also-what is your PS's policies for corrective proceudre? Do they cover the costs? Perhaps re-reading through all that paperwork they give you and see what it sayd about revisions etc. I know mine DOES NOT cover them, although I did not know that until I already flew out over 1000+miles away to have BA done-Not that I need a revision (yet hopefully)-but I would have liked to know that beforehand as I was uprised that they were not mandated to cover the costs-Be armed with info, and in charge-Keep us posted Hug XX
02050Mama
02050Mama
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 67

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 28th January 2011, 1:28 pm

Thanks girls that avatar pic is old now I don't look the same in that bra anymore : ( I was looking back at my pics from when I first had them done and they looked great I must have been alot more swollen than I thought. After a couple of months there was space at the side that wasn't there before. I will update my pics at some point so people know what the hell I'm on about cos they have changed loads since the beginning.

The policy is that if you need a revision you need the backing of a surgeon and they will cover the costs if clinically indicated but it can't be because you didn't get the size you wanted. I don't think my problem comes under this category as I am happy with the size I'm just not happy that my boobs end before the rest of the outside of my chest does. Even pre ba I had some boobs at the side now I have none and about 2cm of ribcage to boot! xx
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 21jane 28th January 2011, 6:06 pm

hey peachy sorry to hear you are unhappy, i have the opposite problem think my implants are too wide and have cased a mild case of symmastia. my surgeon wont do anytihng about it so going to get a second opionon like you and then go about complaining to try get some money back x
21jane
21jane
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 30th January 2011, 3:31 pm

Thanks hun and good luck hope you get somewhere with your complaint.
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy34 21st February 2011, 7:36 pm

Hi ladies just a little update.

I have seen my original surgeon and he has agreed to do the revision. Yay.
I was a little stunned by how smoothly it all went as after my expereince with the surgeon who did my aftercare I was expecting it to be awful. I explained the problem then showed him and explained what I'd originally expected from surgery . He said that this was easily achievable with a bigger implant and said he would sign off on the revision So I have the backing of my lovely surgeon. (I knew he was a nice man and there was a reason I chose him.) and I also have the backing of my lovely PC who has to be honest been fabulous from the start of my journey.

I just have to wait on the surgery being okayed by the company which neither my PC or Sugeon thought would be a problem so fingers crossed.

I'm only sad that the experience so far with the company I chose was marred by the surgeon who dismissed me when he did my aftercare appointment because in general I have been very happy with everything about them other than the second surgeon so it just goes to show how one person can alter your perception of a company. I am glad to say the other people I have been in contact with have been faultless.

I will just watch this space now to see what the company have to say if anything because I can't really see how they can have a problem. My PC asked me if I wanted to book a date so I just have to mull a few things over and hopefully if I can get the time off work I would be looking at mid April fingers crossed!

xoxo
Peachy34
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 21st February 2011, 9:06 pm

Cheerleader brilliant news hun, what a relief for you, your surgeon and pc sound great. I hope you get the best result for you this time. Let us know when so we can count down with you.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jellytot1 21st February 2011, 10:42 pm

Well done for getting your surgeon to admit you need revision surgery - shame you have to put your body through surgery again but you deserve to have to look you wanted when you booked and paid alot of money. let us know the date when you have rebooked xx
jellytot1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 762

Back to top Go down

Post by shellymae 21st February 2011, 11:31 pm

That's fantastic news!!! so glad to hear that you had success :) Good luck with your next surgery and I hope you get what you wanted in the first place !!:)
shellymae
shellymae
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 22nd February 2011, 7:56 am

That's great news peachy. Shame you have to go through surgery again but at least the surgeon agrees with you.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe 22nd February 2011, 8:48 am

Great news Peachy, sounds like your ps is fab x
Phoebe
Phoebe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1211