Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

3 month wait for re-op - miserable!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

3 month wait for re-op - miserable!!

Post by lizziem on 8th December 2010, 8:36 pm

Hi All,

I did post previously about my wonky boobs - one is sitting much higher than the other and originally I thought it might have turned. Now suspect just sitting high and not dropped properly into pocket. Saw my surgeon today and although he thinks chances of implant dropping of it's own accord are slim now (I am already 3 monhts post op) he still wants to wait til 6 months post op to do any more surgery. I completely trust him but it's just that the thought of another 3 months with my wonky boobs is making me feel a bit sorry for myself! I can't wear anything low cut, or tight fitting, cos you can see that one is higher than the other. With nothing on I feel a bit ridiculous!! He won't make a decision for another 3 months and even then I might have to wait a little while for a date for surgery - we have a holiday booked for early next year and I am now freaking out that I may have to go away before having the surgery - wonky boobs and bikinis don't mix!! Feel like I have coped okay with it so far cos weather is so chilly so have always been covered up, just seems such a long time til this will be sorted. I have been putting off going swimming with my kids since my op in September- hubby has been taking them on his own - can't avoid it much longer, and feel I'm missing out!!!

Sorry for the longwinded rant, I suppose I'm just wondering if anyone else has been in the same boat and could give me some advice or reassurance - or recommendations for flattering swimsuits!!!

Have not been regular on here at all so feel bad asking for advice and help but am stuck for anyone to talk to about it as have told so few people about my op.

Thank you!
Lx
lizziem
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Re: 3 month wait for re-op - miserable!!

Post by Peachy34 on 8th December 2010, 8:46 pm

Aw hun sorry to hear you have a problem. Mine were only wonky for a little while and quickly sorted themselves out so I can't help with the long term and like you said I just kept them under wraps. Have you thought about one of those ra ra style bikini tops as they look like they might cover a bit more if its still a problem for your holiday. Keep your chin up I know its not immediate consolation but at least it looks like they are going to sort it out for you. All the best x
Peachy34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE on 8th December 2010, 8:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Have not been regular on here at all so feel bad asking for advice and help but am stuck for anyone to talk to about it as have told so few people about my op.

Awww hunni, don't feel bad, we're all here to support each other not only through the good times, but through the bad too

I think it's pretty much standard procedure to have give your body a six month healing period before considering revision hun... it's not to see if your boob will drop babe, it's just the safest thing for you.

I know how hard it is facing revision hun, I also know and absolutley understand what's it's like to have to cope with assymetry and can tell you that you will cope hun... stay positive, this can and will be fixed, you just have to wait a little longer for your boobs sweetheart

Please feel free to PM any of the BJSF team [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with any problems or guidance you may need help with on the forum.  

First BA 2006 460CCs CUIs. Ruptured 2009
Revision with full capsulectomy & uplift 410CCs CUIs 2009
Scar Revision with Lollipop Lift 2011
Scar revision resulting in heamatoma 2012
Capsular Contracture & Seroma 2014

If there's any typos in my post, please don't blame me, blame auto-correct on my Ipad - its VERY naughty!

COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

http://Boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lizziem on 8th December 2010, 10:10 pm

Aw thank you both so much for your messages, amazing how much it helps! xx
lizziem
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 on 8th December 2010, 11:29 pm

Hi hun this is like reading my own post, i had the exact same problem as you and had to wait initially 6 months then had to postpone it further due to my partner having to go away on business. I was gutted but i promise it comes round quickly it really does, in fact after the initial upset i had got on with my life so normally that when it came round i panicked as i had done no preparation for it whatsoever!!!

It is worth the wait in the end and in the meantime we are here to give you any support and advice you need xxx
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebabe on 9th December 2010, 2:24 pm

i have had to wait 6 months also, as things can always change, i was ok at first, wore my nice flaunting tops after my 6wks check, but soon after that i had to cover up as mine started to look bad and anything revelling you could see they wasnt right, its been 6 months now and im seeing my ps on fri about where we go next, no idea how much longer i will have to wait,
so i no how you feel the waiting is hard, we will get there in the end though hey!!

bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 694

Back to top Go down

Post by lizziem on 9th December 2010, 9:39 pm

Thanks both for your posts, much appreciated. Hattie how was your re-op in the end? Is everything okay now? Am worried about the recovery - not for me but for the impact on my family as I have two small children so it was a struggle not being able to lift for weeks after my first op.
lizziem
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by hattie260 on 9th December 2010, 10:25 pm

Hun the re-op recovery was soooo much easier the second time round. I felt after 2 days like i did after a week, all i had was a bit of paracetmol for 2 days and no more painkilers were needed. The initial discomfort is still there but it improves very quickly! You still shouldn't be lifting heavy things for 6 wks after the op though hun.

As for my boobies, they are much much better, the higher one is still a little higher but I am hoping it just needs to settle a bit more, but even if it doesn't they are very much improved.xx
hattie260
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2121

Back to top Go down

Post by leona1001 on 16th December 2010, 3:16 pm

Hi hun

i do know how u feel as mine r the same although they have settle a lot better. i had one that sits higher and is a different shape to the other but i am 1 year post op in jan and i have a kind of date for re op. still not happy with the out come of ps so thats why i say kind off.
i do no some girls that got there fixed in 3 mths but most is 6mth but it depends on ur ps
goodluck hun
leona1001
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top