Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boob jobs and breast cancer THE FACTS!!!

+55
dizzydi66
barbiecon
wonie
MozElle83
s4mm1e
Sue Scrivs
deexx
saralou86
sparkyleeds
roxanne
xaxa
Nepoly
Jojo6
nat4andy
lindylou22
hazleyez2201
Susan13x
aussiejessica
SJG83
bblondiiie
Vix
luvlea
deflated
wend
janeybird
Jessica
Loubyroo
Annie66
mariajw
MilliePig
ravella
Peachy34
kittie
sarahdawn31
Crystal
kerrymac1
CharlieB
alfie
misf1
chicksville
COOKIE
Jaybles
annefinackapan
pinkbabe
carol_s
kld247
Georgie_797
Astrapuss
AvaG
**Jem**
Stephy x
ANewMeToBe
hattie260
Phoebe
Katyox
59 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Boob jobs and breast cancer THE FACTS!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Boob jobs and breast cancer THE FACTS!!!

Post by ravella 5th December 2010, 8:32 pm

Such a nice story! its so lucky how you were able to catch it early Cheerleader xxxxxxx
ravella
ravella
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Boob jobs and breast cancer THE FACTS!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Boob jobs and breast cancer THE FACTS!!!

Post by MilliePig 5th December 2010, 9:33 pm

Thanks for sharing your story.....so glad your are now fighting fit! xx
MilliePig
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 5th December 2010, 9:38 pm

What an amazing story. So glad it's had a happy outcome for you darling. You truly are an inspiration. xxxx Hug xxxx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 5th December 2010, 10:00 pm

Thanks so much for posting, very informative. Great to know you came out of it well and are enjoying life! A xx
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by Loubyroo 6th December 2010, 2:29 pm

I can only echo what all the others have said, thank you so much for sharing your story and thank heavens for you implants identifying the cancer so early!
Loubyroo
Loubyroo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 319

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 6th December 2010, 8:33 pm

Such an inspirational story. So glad you are better and managed to catch it early, I will certainly be checking my breasts more regularly as a result of your experience. xxx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by janeybird 7th December 2010, 11:27 am

Thanks soo much for posting your inspirational and emotional story Katy really happy you have come thru the other end unfortunately i know someone who has not been so lucky - it has spread to her hip and liver :( very very sad it really makes you think when you hear of these kind of life experiences. i was moaning the other day as my husband has lost his job and we wont be having any kind of Christmas :( but then you think........ SO WHAT!! Does it really matter we have each other, our health and out family and friends group hug

Amazing story for Christmastime Katy
Wishing you and your family all the best and a very happy healthy new year x x x
janeybird
janeybird
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 1256

Back to top Go down

Post by wend 7th December 2010, 11:49 am

You are truley amazing and strong , your story will help so many thank you for sharing it with us. Love Wend xxx
wend
wend
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by deflated 8th December 2010, 1:27 am

you are an inspiration to all, thank you for sharing your story. wshing you cancer free future you have been through so much and remain so positive.x
deflated
deflated
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 145

Back to top Go down

Post by Katyox 14th December 2010, 10:47 pm

Thank you so much for your replies ladies I am very touched!!! It was a year tomorrow that I got my lifesavers and I remember how excited I was (and still am when I look in the mirror at the beauties!!!) It was snowing this time last year as well!!!

Crystal you are right it can come at any age, there was a girl diagnosed same day as me and she was 26. Don't take any brush off's from your doctor... the risk is small but its still one in 226 women who get diagnosed between 20 and 30... but its not that uncommon and the figure is rising. There is no point having the mammograms before 50 though so ask for an ultrasound.... or pay to go private like me.

Am off to the Maldives for two weeks R&R and to show off the boobies!!!

Happy xmas and happy new boobie year!!
xxx
xxx
Katyox
Katyox
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlea 1st February 2011, 6:53 pm

Hi Katyox

I have just picked up your thread from another post... Dont know how I missed your story.. and it is a truly amazing story... I am so glad that your ba surgery brought the cancer to light.. but I am so glad that you are well and have recovered..

Thanks for the highlight to cancer too.. you have probably got us all checking!

Hope your holiday in the Maldives went well too....

Take care chick

:flowers: xxx
luvlea
luvlea
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 161

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix 1st February 2011, 7:49 pm

Katy,

what an incredible heart rending story and written in such a positive way, i will definately be keeping check and will be reading that book. I am very happy you have mentioned the importance of age, i have two medical conditions which are both normally found in women over 40 (im 26), more and more younger people are experiencing these things.

Thank you so much for a truly inspirational story.

xxxx
Vix
Vix
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by bblondiiie 1st February 2011, 8:55 pm

Thanks for sharing your story, I think any type of breast cancer awareness is very important.

I don't know about the other girls but since having my implants I do tend to touch my boobs more than I ever did before, partly because of the numbness you tend to have when you have first had them done and then I think this became a habbit.

I too felt a small lump a few years ago and was shocked when they wanted to do a biopsey immediately after having the ultra sound and I know it may seem silly but I couldn't go through with it, I was too shocked and couldn't bare the thought of having my implant damaged, if I had known about the PIP stuff at the time this wouldn't have been such a huge decision anyway I went back a few weeks later had another ultrasound and they were happy that it was nothing to worry about. I still have the lump its only small but I do check it regularly for any changes.

I am one of the lucky ones, but we all need to be aware and spread the word.

Thanks again Katy you are one brave lady x
bblondiiie
bblondiiie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post by SJG83 1st February 2011, 10:31 pm

What an amazing, amazing story! I am pre ba, having my boobs done by Mr Khan (same as you) in a few weeks.
Thank you so much for sharing your story x x
SJG83
SJG83
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiejessica 2nd February 2011, 1:04 am

hi katy,

what an inspirational story. i have this same fear as my nanna died of breast cancer and im scared i have the gene! i have regular checks and nothing so far, but my main concern with implants is that im not going to be able to check correctly but your story makes me feel a lot of relief that i will still be able to find something if it appears!

thank you so much for sharing your story, your an amazing and very strong woman by the sounds of it :)

xxx
aussiejessica
aussiejessica
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan13x 2nd February 2011, 10:28 pm

Thanks for sharing your story. You have been through so much and sound so strong. It was really inspirational. Glad everything has worked out in the end n you are ok xxx.
Susan13x
Susan13x
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 114

Back to top Go down

Post by hazleyez2201 4th February 2011, 11:17 pm

I have my surgery Feb. 28 and I do have lumps on my left breast. Two years ago I had a mammogram and ultrasound and they couldn't find anything so I hope that means I'm in the clear. I am now thinking of double checking and going back for another before getting opened up. Thank you for this inspirational story. Breast cancer does run in my family.
hazleyez2201
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 80

Back to top Go down

Post by lindylou22 4th February 2011, 11:49 pm

Katy you should be so proud of yourself, and you are doing such an amazing thing to share your story with other people. I can only hope if I experience anything similar that I will be able to handle it with as much dignity and courage as you so obviously have! Thank you hun.

Hazleyez, best wishes, I hope everything goes really well for you!

LL
x
lindylou22
lindylou22
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 648

Back to top Go down

Post by aussiejessica 7th February 2011, 12:04 am

i agree lindylou! very proud indeed :)
aussiejessica
aussiejessica
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Katyox 26th February 2012, 11:01 pm

Hello ladies...

Am back on the forum again as I'm having corrective surgery (got cc from Radiotherapy) on 15th March. Looking forward to my second set of boobs which are going to be unders this time and a bit bigger all courtesy of the NHS who hooo cancer does have some perks at least... Needless to say I am fit and well and nearly two years in the clear.

Looking forward to underwear shopping and a week of pottering at home trying to reach things!!!

xxx
Katyox
Katyox
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by nat4andy 27th February 2012, 12:40 am

Good luck, just read your story. You are rerly very inspirational and I take my hat off to you. Xxx
nat4andy
nat4andy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by Jojo6 27th February 2012, 6:09 am

You are a very brave lady & thank you for sharing your story - a true inspiration. Wishing you all the best for your surgery. Take care xxx
Jojo6
Jojo6
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1214

Back to top Go down

Post by Nepoly 27th February 2012, 6:55 am

Wow! What an inspiring story that was!! How strange that i just reply to you on the March thread then immediately after.... Read this!!! You really are incredible to sound so strong, in the face of adversity and what you say will be a wake up call and inspiration to a lot of people, including me!!!

Go you! And may you enjoy life!!!

Nepoly
Xxxx
Nepoly
Nepoly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 500

Back to top Go down

Post by xaxa 27th February 2012, 7:55 am

Same here Katyox, I only read about you now because I saw you for the first time on the March buddies thread. I admire your courage and if I feel scared, you will surely be the person to think of. Keep it up and wish you all the health and the most beautiful boobies in the world xxxBoob jobs and breast cancer THE FACTS!!! - Page 2 948189
xaxa
xaxa
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1254

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 27th February 2012, 9:18 am

Thank you for sharing you story, you are so brave. It's great to hear how well you are doing, and are an inspiration to us all! Boob jobs and breast cancer THE FACTS!!! - Page 2 571992xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next