Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did the NHS ever use PIPs?

4 posters

Go down

Did the NHS ever use PIPs? Empty Did the NHS ever use PIPs?

Post by coco_ballerina 24th September 2010, 5:33 pm

Hi guys. I had my BA through the NHS five years ago and was wondering if anyone knows what implants they use? I wasn't given any info at the time and I recently requested the sizes and manufacturer they used as I am due to have them changed privately next month. After weeks of waiting I was provided with the sizes and was sent a letter from the surgeon that there was no record of whether he used round or anatomical but he suspects that they used anatomical. This wasn't what I asked!! I know they are teardrop. I'm just worried becuase I've developed a lot of lumps since my BA and am worried that they might have used PIPs? Does anyone know if they ever used them or what brand they use, or does it vary depending what region you live in? Thanks girls xx
coco_ballerina
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Did the NHS ever use PIPs? Empty Re: Did the NHS ever use PIPs?

Post by misf1 24th September 2010, 5:52 pm

As far as I am aware they didn't use the PIP implants. I'd send them another letter asking for a copy of all the information about your breast implants, however they may charge for this.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 25th September 2010, 6:50 am

i would call and ask for your notes, am.sure they is a small fe but not much. if you have ended up with lots of lumps why arent the nhs dealing with it? i know where i am if i get any serious issues the nhs will correct it. x
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by coco_ballerina 26th September 2010, 9:33 am

When I asked them for the info they said they had my notes right in front of them but there was no record of the type of implant (meaning round or teardrop). I have since called back requesting the manufacturer but haven’t got an answer from them, it’s so infuriating! hissy
I didn’t realise you could request a copy of the notes but I will do now, it’s just worrying that they are saying they don’t have a record of the info that they should have. Also, I need to know before my op next month and highly doubt they would send a copy so quickly.
And about the lumps; the NHS have been useless, on one hand saying that one of the lumps looks like it contains silicone matter and on the other hand saying everything is fine, so I’m just having them removed privately xx
coco_ballerina
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by kittie 26th September 2010, 9:55 am

That's awful cocoballerina. I would definitely send a letter requesting a copy of everything relating to your BA in your notes. Address the letter to the records department of the hospital and send a copy to your surgeon.
kittie
kittie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2076

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down